• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

canali suit from the rack

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
i just bought a dark blue on blue with white pin stripes canali suit from nordstrom rack (size 44r 80% wool 20% silk) for $799.99. i am very pleased with the suit as far as quality and fit, but i havent bought a suit in a long time my profession doesnt call for it so i only have the pleasure of wearing one on special occasions. the last suit i bought was over five years ago, a pal zileri also from the rack but i got it for $360 (still got it its in great condition) im wondering if what i paid for the canali is reaonable can they be easily found for cheaper?
also the jacket sleeves are unfinished does anyone know a place in or near baltimore that can finish the sleeves with functional buttons and do a good job from what i understand a special machine is required to stitch the button holes
any feedback is appreciated thanks in advance : )

jaymanjones

Reaction score
I think that Canali make exceptional suits so you made no mistake in purchasing one

Is it the Exclusive line or the normal line?? I bought an Exclusive suit 3 weeks ago here in London and it went for £1400, which is like $2200. From what I remember the suits in the normal range were all over $1400 so you got a great bargain either way. And if I'm not mistaken Canali's jacket sleeves are always left unfinished so the customer can decide what he wants done with them...

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
the suit is at the tailor now i think it is the normal line but thanksfor the reply i appreciate it!

scurvyfreedman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
That's the standard first Rack price for Canali suits. Sometimes they stick around long enough to be reduced futher, but more frequently they're bought up pretty quickly at that price. It's around 40% off the normal Nordstrom price, which is better than you're going to see at any Nordstrom sale. If the suit fits well on you it's a deal. If it doesn't it isn't.

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
edited by SpooPoker

Last edited by a moderator:

SpooPoker

Internet Bigtimer and Most Popular Man on Campus
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

im really happy about how the suit turned out

thats your cue bro-montana
Thanks mang. Stitchy is letting me practice my dubiously honored powers by locking his above post. :)

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

aj_del

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Spoo, are you a full fledged mod now ? Like empty, you can edit anyone's posts ? I thought mods powered would be limited to the theses you had started yourself

SpooPoker

Internet Bigtimer and Most Popular Man on Campus
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
^ Try that one?

Spoo, are you a full fledged mod now ? Like empty, you can edit anyone's posts ? I thought mods powered would be limited to the theses you had started yourself

Not a mod - j and LA Guy can explain better, but I am a "dubiously honored" editor for all of MC.

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

still got it. looks like you have to be on your toes keeping your edits edited still pretty sweet you can do that. "with great power comes great responsibility" -uncle ben

Last edited:

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
oh spit, now i got it, duh, i can quote a locked post of mine and edit it in a new post. but once you edit and lock a post i cant go back into the op anymore and edit it back to what it origonaly said. its like trying to edit someone elses post. it cant be done. your powers are indeed greater than i thought

:worship:

Last edited:

aj_del

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
WHo else got these powers ? Spoo, Parker and Manton ? Or are there others ?

All of them can basically delete, edit and lock my posts ? I really dont like this, no offence to the 3 gentlemen

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

WHo else got these powers ? Spoo, Parker and Manton ? Or are there others ?

All of them can basically delete, edit and lock my posts ? I really dont like this, no offence to the 3 gentlemen

here is how it works.

part 1. Certain posters as decided by the mods based on their contributions to the forum and the consistent quality of their posting have been given mod like powers. Look for posters whos' status (not custom title) is not senior member but "hall monitor" or "dubiously honored" to spot who has these powers. I have noticed rambo and kitakira as well so far.

part 2. This is not an overarching power they have. It is limited to the sub forums they are known for contributing in. Spoo in mc, I imagine kitakira in sw&d and I assume rambo is for the lifestyle sub forum (the last 2 are not confirmed as to these areas just my guess).

part 3. The reason as I understand is two fold. One is as the site continues to grow, almost 100k member now, there needs to be more "hall monitors" making sure things stay reasonably under control withhin each area of the forum. Two is to create some dedicated threads that stay on focus. Sure we all love the tendancy for threads to be derailed and tangential with epic proportions, but there is also a need for focused threads in each area of the forum for people to discuss certain topics and learn from them. Say a topic dedicated to drape without fighting and youtube songs and gifs. Or a food topic or denim topic that stays on point. Not every thread needs to be that way but there is enough of a desire expressed for this that the mods made it so each part of the forum can have its share of focused threads for those who are interested to participate in.

part 4. Surely these powers can be abused, and why should poster A have the right to edit mine and other members posts when I cant, or when I think poster B deserves that right. But like all large communities the power has to be deligated to a limited number of trustworthy people. I trust spoo cuz i have got to know him, rambo as well. Parker and kitakira I really dont know much but I will trust thats the mods made a good choise and that they are worthy and trustworthy enough to hold their position, just as others might know and trust them and not know and trust spoo. Im sure if any of the new hall monitors were to abuse or misuse their powers it would be noted quickly and they would have them revoked.

It is all we can do to trust that our mods have made fair choises for a task that is in my opinion at this point neccessary for the continued growth of the forum. Only time will tell, but I am confident that these new added monitors will all prove to be both worthy of their title and to add a new level of stability to each area of the styling forvms.

all the best,

-IS

that will be my last serious post for a while im going back to DT where i belong now. bai :)

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 37.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 39 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads