1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Canali silhouette

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Ambulance Chaser, Nov 23, 2004.

1. Ambulance Chaser

Ambulance Chaser Senior member

I was trying on a Canali suit at my local Filene's Basement the other day.  To my surprise, it had fairly heavily padded shoulders, a boxy cut, and a flared skirt.  Does anyone like this silhouette or prefer it to Corneliani's softer shoulder and close-to-the-body cut?  And is it possible for a tailor to bring in the skirt?

2. Ranjeev

Ranjeev Senior member

This is a bump but I too would appreciate any comments regarding the Canali silhouette. AC, any comments on the regular line Zegna silhouette? I am trying to decide between purchasing one of the two.

3. johnnynorman3

johnnynorman3 Senior member

For Canali, it all depends on the shoulder width. Some are cut narrower it seems -- but these are mostly special order from high end stores like Mr. Sid in Newton -- and then the pronounced shoulder silhouette isn't something I mind so terribly. I find that a more sloped shoulder suits me better. However, I think Canali looks great on a lot of body types.

In terms of Zegna, I think that the regular Zegna line has softer padding in the shoulder, along with a more pronounced roping at the sleeve head (giving the "puff" look there). For a structured shoulder, the Zegna's have remarkably little padding indeed. I prefer Zegna over Canali for this reason.

4. Brian SD

Brian SD Senior member

I have tried several Canalis as well and have found that some of them have a much more narrow shoulder than others (my estimates would be a difference from about 17.5" to 19" on a size 36). The slimmest looking Canali I have seen was one that I found at Off 5th. And if I was just a little bit more boring (a.k.a. business [​IMG] ) I would have loved it.