Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Canali shoulder construction?

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by dreamspace, May 30, 2014.

1. dreamspace

dreamspace Senior member

I'm completely unfamiliar with Canali, other than their "Kei" line.

How are the shoulders on recent Canali suits? They seem to offer a good line of staple business suits, but unfortunately not available here where I live.

(I've read that they're pretty built up and padded, but those threads/posts are 5-10 years old.)

2. usctrojans31

usctrojans31 Senior member

Yes, they're quite structured and Canali as a whole tends to run large everywhere. I have to move from a 40 to a 38, but then the length never works out.

3. Jamesgatz

Jamesgatz Senior member

The more recent models seem less structured (and Kei, of course), although the Exclusive line remains a bit too padded for my taste. The more recent models (with the new logo) seem slimmer as well.

4. chocsosa

chocsosa Senior member

I will say they are more for a guy with an athletic physique and somewhat taller.. the shoulders are somewhat structured but not as bad as it used to be..the pants are still very baggy on their 13000 line.. but its slimmer as you go up to the 14000 and 18000..

An older Canali version circa I believe 2007 I believe (purchased 2008)

[​IMG]
    A newer version same model 2013

[​IMG]

structured but not overly so.. I do like a little bit of structure in my business conservative jackets.. the whole soft shoulder movement is not for everything, everytime and/or for everyone