• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Canali Shoes: Pics Inside

othertravel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hey guys,

I'm thinking of taking the plunge on these shoes. From my experience, Canali shoes seem to be among the most well constructed out of most major 'fashion brands'.

Thoughts on pricing?

The tan boot is $412.50; think it'll make a good alternative to the Tetbury?

The black lace ups are $425 (constructed like a tank!)

Burgundy shoes are 297.50 (Patent leather - probably my least favourite of the bunch).

Grey oxfords are $325 - what colour suits/trousers would go well with this colour?

And these double monks for $375 (has Vibram sole):

Last edited:

Xenon

Reaction score
Canali shoes are very well made for fashion/mass market level. Even on the blake shoes the inner sole is a solid continuous veg tanned unit (quite rare in this price range) instead of the typical leather forepart and synthetic rear foot bed unit. The outside and lining leather is of good quality as well and the whole upper has neat stitching.

MalfordOfLondon

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I've been very impressed with the Canali shoes that I have seen.

Stylistically some are very nice but usually have an over-elongated last.

othertravel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
No problem!

But what do you guys think; is it worth the extra $100 for the goodyear welted model above? (the black laceups).

Viral

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
the prices are fine.........you just need to be sure that you like them enough to buy. Not like you're spending $500+ on a pair.

Were these all at the Wall St. location?

mr monty

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Hey guys,

I'm thinking of taking the plunge on these shoes. From my experience, Canali shoes seem to be among the most well constructed out of most major 'fashion brands'.

Thoughts on pricing?

The tan boot is $412.50; think it'll make a good alternative to the Tetbury?

The black lace ups are $425 (constructed like a tank!)

Burgundy shoes are 297.50 (Patent leather - probably my least favourite of the bunch).

Grey oxfords are $325 - what colour suits/trousers would go well with this colour?

And these double monks for $375 (has Vibram sole):

store details???

jrd617

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Why not grab some CJ for BB Peals? On sale right now for $450 if you have the credit card.

Picked these bad boys up today

Last edited:

twinpeaks

Reaction score
I have two pairs of Goodyear Campanile, one for Canali and the other for Pal Zileri Sartoriale (which seems to have discontinued the line) and I am very happy with them. Very solid and beautiful shoes. My only complaint is that on the Canali captoes, the area where the vamp bends as you walk 'dries' up too easily. This leads to creasing, requiring frequent cream application

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads