• I'm happy to introduce the Styleforum Happy Hour, our brand new podcast featuring lively discussion about menswear and the fashion industry. In the inaugural edition, a discussion of what's going on in retail today. Please check it out on the Journal. All episodes will be also be available soon on your favorite podcast platform.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Canali Exclusive shirt fabric

josepidal

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Does anyone have experience with Canali Exclusive shirting fabrics? I was able to pass by Joe's Tailor in Singapore some time back and went through the TM Goldline book. Joe showed me some new Canali Exclusive swatches and bolts he just got. They seemed smooth as silk, but were very interesting visually. I didn't have a long look, but the bolt Joe brought out was a very light blue with wisps and my best description is that it looked roughly like a denim shirt, only obviously much finer. I thought the combination of a very soft and smooth shirt and the illusion of texture was something to consider. Joe loves his cloth.

Incidentally, he also had some fabric that he said was from Zegna, but that he had ordered enough that the label on the edge of the bolts read "Joe's Tailoring".

AnGeLiCbOrIs

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by josepidal
Does anyone have experience with Canali Exclusive shirting fabrics? I was able to pass by Joe's Tailor in Singapore some time back and went through the TM Goldline book. Joe showed me some new Canali Exclusive swatches and bolts he just got. They seemed smooth as silk, but were very interesting visually. I didn't have a long look, but the bolt Joe brought out was a very light blue with wisps and my best description is that it looked roughly like a denim shirt, only obviously much finer. I thought the combination of a very soft and smooth shirt and the illusion of texture was something to consider. Joe loves his cloth.

Incidentally, he also had some fabric that he said was from Zegna, but that he had ordered enough that the label on the edge of the bolts read "Joe's Tailoring".

I have a Canali Exclusive Collection shirt from Bloomingdales. I wear it often and send it to my cleaners for laundering without any special request for hand finish. I don't love the fit but the fabric is still perfect after a year and a half. It looks wonderful and has a great hand.

josepidal

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Anyone know which mill Canali gets shirt fabric from?

Featured Sponsor

How many pairs of shoes do you own?

• 1 - 4

Votes: 16 3.5%
  • 5 - 10

Votes: 76 16.7%
  • 11 - 20

Votes: 151 33.3%
  • 21 - 30

Votes: 75 16.5%
  • 31 - 40

Votes: 37 8.1%