• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Canadian shopping

Reaction score
I'm going to Canada for a shopping trip where is the best place to go, Retail and Outlets? I need all the advice I can get.

Thanks

davei

Reaction score
Outlets/retail in Canada? Quite honestly, unless you're looking for unknown Canadian labels, you're better off shopping in New York. You can save a bit with tailored clothing given the US/CAN exchange rate, but regular designer stuff is more expensive, plus you have to pay 15% tax in Ontario (you can get this back, but it's still a PITA.) Even with the 160% exchange rate, I can find alot more deals in the USA than in Canada. Look a few pages back for the "Shopping in Toronto" thread I started. In Toronto, there's Bloor West, which has run of the mill stuff like an LV boutique, Holt Renfrew, Zara, Prada, Gucci, Gap, Banana Republic, Harry Rosen, etc. Queen West is more hip, lots of raver type stuff mixed with tailored clothing and small labels (check out Preloved.) There are Holt Renfrew and Harry Rosen outlets just outside of the city, to the north and west, respectively. 40-50% off, but the selection is limited. If you're coming up here, one Canadian label to check out is Kamkyl. AFAIK they're only available in Montreal, but they have a website at www.kamkyl.com.

LabelKing

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I am 15 years old, and I in my exprerience of designer clothing( which I have rather a lot of.), I have found that there is a Canadian brand called Rue Laurier which is rather nice in regards to quality,style,etc. Their prices for their shirts is about from $85. But personally I don't know where to get this brand in Canada. I got mine at Nordstrom's.

dah328

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by LabelKing
I am 15 years old, and I in my exprerience of designer clothing( which I have rather a lot of.), I have found that there is a Canadian brand called Rue Laurier which is rather nice in regards to quality,style,etc. Their prices for their shirts is about from $85. But personally I don't know where to get this brand in Canada. I got mine at Nordstrom's.
I don't know anything about Rue Laurier, but I have to second the above poster's recommendation of Harry Rosen.

mendel

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Junior Jet Setter
I'm going to Canada for a shopping trip where is the best place to go, Retail and Outlets? I need all the advice I can get.

Thanks

Turns out Canada's pretty big. Where are you going?

EL72

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by mendel
Turns out Canada's pretty big. Where are you going?

I assume he came and went as this was posted 5+ years ago, when LK was at the tender age of 15.

mendel

Reaction score
Originally Posted by EL72
I assume he came and went as this was posted 5+ years ago, when LK was at the tender age of 15.

Woops! Well, at least I didn't resurrect it.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads