1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

canadian price mark up for shoes (harry rosen)

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Lt.m_castillo, Aug 3, 2006.

1. GQgeek

GQgeek Senior member

Do you guys think a sky valet kind of place would work in Toronto? If there's money for attolini, brioni, and kiton, there has to be money for EG and Lobb.

2. Violinist

Violinist Senior member

When I was there last year they had Stefano Branchini. If you like EG, this will not really be your cup of tea: They're way over the top in terms of styling. Montreal is the first and last word for fine shoes in Canada.

They have Branchini at Giorgio's on Sherbrooke.

3. GQgeek

GQgeek Senior member

[​IMG]
    They have Branchini at Giorgio's on Sherbrooke.

I wondered if that's what they were. They're made under a different label that I couldn't recognize (vananzi or something, can't remember). Branchini makes a nice pair of shoes once in a while but a lot of it is way over the top. They had Lobbs on sale when I was there last week but nothing terribly exciting and only for tiny feet. They're supposed to get new models in 2 weeks time. The sales staff seem pretty clueless to me though. They couldn't answer any questions and when i was looking at a pair of shoes someone asked me if I was looking at Berlutis, to which I responded "do you have Berluti?" To which she answered "no" [​IMG]

4. MilanoStyle

MilanoStyle Senior member

Branchini shoes look awsome (But I won't drop $2000 for them unless I have money tree growing in my condo). Also you can find shoes from Pal Zileri at 83 Bloor. I do not know who makes shoes for them but they appear to be hand welted and have norvegese construction and cheaper than S. Branchini's.

You can find some Attolini suits, but you also can find not so well known hand made suits from Naples. They are just as spectacular as Attolini's IMO.

5. Violinist

Violinist Senior member

the aforementioned shop also has gorgeous RTW Pal Zileri jackets.

Ya, Branchini looks kind of wild.