• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Canadian Goose Parka sizing? quality?

pg600rr

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Anyone on here actually own anything by Canadian Goose? I have seen it mentioned abit but not much info on sizing, quality, or pics of em being worn... I am thinking about picking up one of their parkas but I already have a few Northface jackets and I am trying to decide between a CG or a Moncler.... would like to save a bit of $$$ and go with CG. However I also dont want it to be huge on me, I am 6'1" 180 lbs. so I am leaning toward a Medium maybe a Large...

aragon765

Reaction score
They are sized HUGE... but that is because they are meant to operate in pretty cold conditions... I would highly suggest trying them on (if you are considering buying online), or make sure return policy is good, because they fit really large. I went to try them on, and they looked ridiculous on me (but I am also much thinner than you).

IMO, if you need the coat because of the cold conditions you live in, they are great. If you are buying it for the look, I think that look might be a bit played out, and there are much better looking (and fitting) options that will get you a much better looking urban winter jacket. There was a thread recently on here about winter jackets, and a lot of them were nice looking without being michelin man proportioned....

korce

Reaction score
How cold does it get in Boston? Most Canada Goose jackets are designed for really cold weather...(eg Montreal winter and colder), I think the same applies for Moncler. Canada Goose does make something called the "ontario parka" which is a bit more geared towards the kind of weather we have in Toronto.

pg600rr

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
It gets around 15-25 degrees in Boston, but feels much worse with the wind, which it is usually always windy being near the water. I am kinda of worried about they look though... all my clothes are very slim so a parka such as this may look a bit weird on me.

korce

Reaction score
^If you have a slim wardrobe I would not reccomend a CG parka. They do make a bomber jacket style which is more fitted and might work better. It was a pretty popular style around Toronto last winter though and is played out imo.

malcb33

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Canada Goose like everyone else said, are sized really big. They are also very, very warm so you don't need to wear sweaters or anything bulky underneath. I wouldn't go for these unless you have consistent -30ish weather. I am 6'2" 200lbs and wear a size medium in most styles. I hope this helps?

Arethusa

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Moncler does not make functional outerwear.

HEWSINATOR

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by pg600rr
It gets around 15-25 degrees in Boston

I had to look it up, but this is 10 below freezing. But out the CG when you visit me, until then, I think you could find something better looking for cheaper.

pg600rr

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Arethusa
Moncler does not make functional outerwear.

what do you mean by functional?

pg600rr

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Arethusa

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
If you just want to buy Moncler because you think it looks nice, well, do whatever you want. If you need a puffy coat because it's really that cold, Moncler's useless and overpriced.

korce

Reaction score

pg600rr

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^ yea the chillawack was the one I was gonna get, u think it'll be too warm tho? didnt think there was such a thing!

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 37.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 39 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads