• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Canada Post HATES VASS people!

Maximus Mark

Reaction score
My February MTO from Vass finally came in... and this is what I see:
jAFj4.jpg
Inside...
uxi1z.jpg
ffffuuuu.gif
ffffuuuu.gif
ffffuuuu.gif
ffffuuuu.gif
ffffuuuu.gif
ffffuuuu.gif
ffffuuuu.gif
ffffuuuu.gif
ffffuuuu.gif
ffffuuuu.gif
ffffuuuu.gif
But then... opened it a little more...
kRKhU.jpg
uN4t0.jpg
zawBW.jpg
ALL IS FORGIVEN!!! Vass 43.5 U-Last Chukka in Antique Cognac Cordovan with Metal Toe Taps, Topy heel, JR Sole tapered
bounce2.gif
Thanks Kolecho!

holymadness

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Do you remember when imageshack actually worked? Those were the days.

JamesX

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Beautiful Shoes. My EG box was also ruined by shipping
frown.gif
But the shoes were perfect as well
smile.gif
Use: http://imgur.com/ for image hosting in the future

Slewfoot

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Mmmm.....Vass.

Wear them well!

DrPsycho

Reaction score
Holy crap! Did it get left out in the rain or something? Even for Canada Post, that's brutal. That said, they did once deliver a replacement panel for the dog's wooden kennel -- (yeah, one of those side-table furniture looking-things that you see in SkyMall catalogs and wonder what idiot would buy one) -- by leaving it out leaning against my GARAGE DOOR in the rain. Good thing it was double-boxed by the sender... the outer box was so waterlogged it by the time I got home from work that it practically melted off when touched. I'm glad your contents were spared! In other Canada Post news, especially relevant to B&Sers, there's a labour dispute which could turn into a full blown national postal strike if they don't get things settled by May 25th. Stay tuned. Reference: http://www.auctionbytes.com/cab/cab/abn/y11/m05/i19/s01

Odd I/O

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
OP, how much did you get hit with in terms of customs & duties? I'm considering a Vass order myself.

BTW, beautiful chukkas. Is that cognac? And why the choice of a Topyed heel?

alliswell

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Odd I/O
OP, how much did you get hit with in terms of customs & duties? I'm considering a Vass order myself.

It's shagreen. OP's a baller. Eh?

luk-cha

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
looks like the customs dog wanted a peice of horse ass for breakfast
laugh.gif

Maximus Mark

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Odd I/O

$0 in customs and duties. Shipped from Hong Kong (Kolecho does bulk orders from there).

Antique (dark) cognac cordovan. Topy heel was an afterthought, at the time I felt that I would wear the heel out faster and since no one here can replicate the Vass heel job might as well Topy it to last longer.

Odd I/O

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Maximus Mark
$0 in customs and duties. Shipped from Hong Kong (Kolecho does bulk orders from there).

Antique (dark) cognac cordovan. Topy heel was an afterthought, at the time I felt that I would wear the heel out faster and since no one here can replicate the Vass heel job might as well Topy it to last longer.

Thanks, I didn't know about the heel situation here in Canada. I'll keep that in mind when I decide to take the Vass plunge.

Unregistered

Reaction score
It'd suck if they did that and then hit you with customs.

I got a box in similar shape from a Zegna Trofeo SC I bought on here!
frown.gif

meister

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by DrPsycho
Holy crap! Did it get left out in the rain or something?

Even for Canada Post, that's brutal. That said, they did once deliver a replacement panel for the dog's wooden kennel -- (yeah, one of those side-table furniture looking-things that you see in SkyMall catalogs and wonder what idiot would buy one) -- by leaving it out leaning against my GARAGE DOOR in the rain. Good thing it was double-boxed by the sender... the outer box was so waterlogged it by the time I got home from work that it practically melted off when touched.

I'm glad your contents were spared!

In other Canada Post news, especially relevant to B&Sers, there's a labour dispute which could turn into a full blown national postal strike if they don't get things settled by May 25th. Stay tuned.

Reference: http://www.auctionbytes.com/cab/cab/abn/y11/m05/i19/s01

Canada is worse than Britain for postal unionism. At least Britpost works. Hopefully the new Government can get it straightened out.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads