• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Canada Post... FUUUUUUUUUU!!!!

FidelCashflow

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
My Carmina shoes from the Armoury were supposed to arrive today - since they went through the local Canada Post office this morning at 5AM, but they weren't delivered and now I have to wait until Tuesday because monday is a holiday!
ffffuuuu.gif
ffffuuuu.gif
ffffuuuu.gif
Canada Post sucks!

prep333

Reaction score
Canada post rattled me with that extended holiday too, just trying to pull the wool over our eyes

Off the Canada post website:

"* When a holiday falls on a Saturday or Sunday, it may be applied to the next business day. As such, Post Offices will be closed, and there will be no collection or delivery of mail, on Dec. 27-28, 2010 and Jan. 3, 2011."

Medtech71

Reaction score
Agreed...and you should have to work on stat holidays too...whiner.

Act like a man, loser.

GQgeek

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
new laptop was seemingly delayed because CP takes too many damned vacations!! Was expecting the notice on my door when i got home today but it wasn't there...

FidelCashflow

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I waited all day yesterday for the package, it turns out they made no attempt to actually deliver the package to me, but just put a slip in the super-mailbox with all my regular mail saying "attempted delivery" without even trying to ring my doorbell.
eh.gif

I always get pissed because their delivery timelines are 2x whatever they tell you at the post office.
ffffuuuu.gif

thinksimple

Reaction score
Originally Posted by FidelCashflow
I waited all day yesterday for the package, it turns out they made no attempt to actually deliver the package to me, but just put a slip in the super-mailbox with all my regular mail saying "attempted delivery" without even trying to ring my doorbell.
eh.gif

I feel your pain, but at least they know my address by heart at the post office now, I don't even have to show ID.

RSS

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Anything worth having ... is worth the wait. To hell with instant gratification.

Hungering for something can be more satisfying than actually having it. You just need to get in touch with the feeling ... and understand it.

Raoul Duke

Reaction score
eh.gif

I always get pissed because their delivery timelines are 2x whatever they tell you at the post office.
ffffuuuu.gif

I had TNT do that to me the other day. I was home all day, no doorbell ring, no knock, no slip. They would not "redeliver" the package, so I had to drive 2.5 hours round trip to the distribution centre.

On the topic of Canada Post, I dislike the delivery cards because it always says "Pickup tomorrow after 13:00". This never used to be a problem, as my local post office would always let me pick it up the same day. Now, my post office was switched and even if my stuff is there, they tell that it isn't.

About 2 months ago, I had a delivery slip come for a couple pairs of shoes, so I watched the tracking until it said that it had been transferred to the post office. I head out to the post office, and they say it's not there. I notice a large package sitting on the desk, thinking that looks like the right size to be mine and I ask them if they have anything they haven't scanned in yet. They say nope, and I go on my way. Around 8:00PM that night, the tracking has been updated again. This time saying that the item is "Ready for pickup". I think OK, the post office will be on my way while I'm out running errands. I swing by at 11:30AM. Again, same response, it's not here. This time, I argue, saying the tracking says it is there and I'm fairly certain that it is there somewhere. They confirm no and the suspicious package is still sitting out. I go back later that evening to pick up the package and low and behold, it's the exact package I thought it was
ffffuuuu.gif
ffffuuuu.gif
ffffuuuu.gif

After having this experience happen twice, I don't bother anymore. They are so strict with the timeline that it is ridiculous. Why not give me the package when you know it's sitting right there. I've been meaning to call Canada Post to ask if they are required to give me the package if the tracking states "ready for pickup".

NORE

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The only thing worse than not getting your item on the day you were supposed to get it is when you finally do get it, it doesn't fit.
ffffuuuu.gif

CBrown85

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Never had a problem with CP. In fact, they've been very pleasant every time I've dealt with them. Glad they're bringing money into the system.

FidelCashflow

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by NORE
The only thing worse than not getting your item on the day you were supposed to get it is when you finally do get it, it doesn't fit.
ffffuuuu.gif

I blame Canada Post... I think they're using an experimental shrink ray on packages to save money on transport.
tinfoil.gif

Originally Posted by johnH123
Canada Post needs better prepaid shipping options (flat rate boxes etc), especially for outside the country (prices for that are borderline marsupialed).

Cost me $82 w/ tracking and insurance to send the shoes back to HK. It was the cheapest option that allowed for tracking
plain.gif

On that note - does anyone know where I can get shoe-box sized boxes for shipping? I always have to wrap the shoe box in craft paper or get a huge box that's like 18" x 18" x 18"

frenchy

In Time Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
I blame Canada Post... I think they're using an experimental shrink ray on packages to save money on transport.
tinfoil.gif

Cost me $82 w/ tracking and insurance to send the shoes back to HK. It was the cheapest option that allowed for tracking
plain.gif

On that note - does anyone know where I can get shoe-box sized boxes for shipping? I always have to wrap the shoe box in craft paper or get a huge box that's like 18" x 18" x 18"

hmm dude the one box for like $4.59 is perfect for shoes i always use it.not sure the exact size but i had size 12 shoes fir perfect so im assuming its around 13 inches long or so

ImaPro

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
eh.gif
ffffuuuu.gif

http://www.collegehumor.com/video:1945275

odiv

Reaction score
Canada Post has two very well known time periods where you can expect sub-optimal service:
The Christmas season, and then January through November.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 61 39.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 17.9%

Forum statistics

Threads