1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Canada Goose

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by Jbreen1, Aug 3, 2009.

1. Mattt33

Mattt33 New Member

Hi everyone, i'm new to the forum - read some great info here so far!

I have a question about the Canada Goose Chateau parka - would it be safe to say that it's equal in warmth compared to the Chilliwack?

Also, I've tried on a Chilliwack and a 'large' fits great. I haven't been able to try on a Chateau, but from what I've heard the Chateau fits a bit slimmer so thus it would be recommended to go one size up from a (i.e. get an X-large rather than a large)?

Thanks for the help!!

2. CityConnection

CityConnection Senior member

people need to stop wearing this jackets when it's clearly too hot for them!

or take some of their lighter offerings without the fur hood and such.

Agree. Mine is too warm for this weather so I don't wear it. My better half, on the other hand, just bought a thinner one to compliment her heavy thick one for the cold winters. Her new one is A LOT lighter and not as bulky, and matches our fall weather quite well. Personally, I really like my thick CG jacket in the dead of winter but in the fall and spring it is too hot to wear.

3. robowarrior

robowarrior Active Member

Sale at bloomingdales again, but they don't have that many models left. 25$ off every 200$ plus free shipping.

4. tooshay

tooshay Senior member

5. brad-t

brad-t Senior member

6. randomkoreandude

randomkoreandude Senior member

7. randomkoreandude

randomkoreandude Senior member

8. tooshay

tooshay Senior member

9. whatever123

whatever123 Senior member

bump this bitch with some designs from yuki matsuda

his take on the vest:
    [​IMG]

bomber:
    [​IMG]

and exped parka:
    [​IMG]

yukis such a pimp.

10. fungz0r

fungz0r Senior member

That bomber looks awesome

11. whatever123

That bomber looks awesome

yup. im down for the vest and trying to locate.

he did something similar i think it was last year but it was just the vest. really nice stuff in person.

12. MIKE_JE

MIKE_JE Senior member

The Yuki stuff is nice for sure. I have a black Canada Goose Yorkville bomber and it's nice because you can remove the fur hood if you want to...not that I ever do. I took it snowboarding in Aspen in the freezing cold and it did not let down.

13. brad-t

brad-t Senior member

woww that bomber is crazy

14. whatever123

the yuki pieces are really expensive, although im sure are worth every penny.

vest: $580
    bomber: $1,250
    expedition: $1,750

15. GoldenTribe

GoldenTribe Senior member

the vest is complete shit (i've seen better design at old navy) but the other two are really nice

16. whatever123

the vest is complete shit (i've seen better design at old navy) but the other two are really nice
    oh really? the vest is my favorite piece of the three. would you kindly provide me the old navy link with a "better" designed vest? i dont shop there. thanks [​IMG]

17. brad-t

brad-t Senior member

the problem is it's just a red vest, nothing special about it design-wise

18. Hany

Hany Senior member

19. whatever123

the problem is it's just a red vest, nothing special about it design-wise
    he changed some things compared to the freestyle vest ... its much more stylish and practical with the additional pockets, better fabric, etc. but its a vest man, im not sure what else could be done "design" wise. maybe its just me ... edit: in the past he has done a couple color variations some of you might like better but i dont know if he did this season.

20. MIKE_JE

MIKE_JE Senior member

I love Yuki and I like all of the desings enough, especially the bomber. I think the logo and placement of the CG logo is ugly as hell, especially considering logo placement on normal CG pieces is generally more understated, and who wants a logo that big. I'd say the logo is probably more input from CG than Yuki as that isn't really his style.

The pieces would be pretty nice without the logo. I still would prefer a Crescent Down Works vest over this one. I do like the Snorkel Bomber but not the logo. My Yorkville was $750 less for basically the same piece minus the tweed and with the added versatility of hood removal. He didn't make that significant of design changes. The button clasps are nice.

he changed some things compared to the freestyle vest ... its much more stylish and practical with the additional pockets, better fabric, etc. but its a vest man, im not sure what else could be done "design" wise. maybe its just me ...

edit: in the past he has done a couple color variations some of you might like better but i dont know if he did this season.