1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Canada Goose

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by Jbreen1, Aug 3, 2009.

1. yessur

yessur Well-Known Member

Cheers for the replies, went HAM (aka insane) on FarFetch and bought 2 for under $500 each

2. thekunk07

thekunk07 Senior member

How did you get cg discount on far fetch?

3. yessur

yessur Well-Known Member

Their Sale Preview had a bunch of Canada Goose coats on sale yesterday morning around 9am. I was able to pick up two Chateau's for $500 a piece.

Looks like on the normal sale today, no Canada Goose coats are on sale...possible it was a mistake and i got lucky, hopefully they don't figure it out before shipping.

4. yessur

yessur Well-Known Member

For anybody still looking, Far Fetch have put Canada Goose back on Sale with an additional 20% off with this code x201dec14

Very few sizes left tho.

5. tedbearz

tedbearz Senior member

Any end of season sales?

6. gaseousclay

gaseousclay Senior member

what an odd question. it's still the middle of winter so I find it hard to believe anyone would discount CG now. the best time to get CG on discount is the summer

7. Trit

Trit Senior member

After having a Chateau for over a year I still dig it. No wear or rips and it caters to my lazy side of not wanting to wear gloves or toques. It's all my winter clothes in one. Happy with the quality.

Last edited: Jan 26, 2015
  8. althanis

althanis Senior member

Using my Cheateau on its 4th season now, still going strong.

9. JjasonL

JjasonL Senior member

why is it so damn hard to find a chateau in black size M...
    everywhere i look is sold out!!!! arghhhh
    guess ill order a diff parka this year

10. JjasonL

JjasonL Senior member

hmmm.. just found a CG chateau in Small at St. Benard Sports. Has anyone heard of or bought something from them?
    Im 5'9 155 and wondering if i should get a S or M. thought i was a M from the measurements that are given on most sites but now im reading that they run a bit big. i wear size small in burberry brit jackets/coats and a size 2 in moncler if that helps.. thanks

11. Trit

Trit Senior member

I would suggest medium. I found the cut extremely slim in the Chateau. I can't imagine making a slimmer cut parka with that much down in it. I'm 5'9 and 170 and the medium was much too small. The large fits perfect. It's hard to go off measurements because the jacket's so thick. It makes me look 20 pounds heavier, not in a bad way. Though when I first started wearing it I knocked over a couple store displays; body wasn't used to it's new Michelin Man dimensions.

12. JjasonL

JjasonL Senior member

thanks.. ordered a M from thetannery, they are listed on the CG website and have all the sizes available!

13. barrettdudley

barrettdudley Senior member

St. Bernard's is the leading online retailer of CG in the states. They're based out of Dallas with a location here in Austin as well.

I purchased a Chateau from them online earlier this month. Great customer service, quick shipping.

I am 5'8" and about 150 lbs. The small is perfect on me.

14. JjasonL

JjasonL Senior member

5''8 150.. Hmmm.. Now I dunno if I should call them and change for a small or just wait and try on the med.. We're not that diff size wise so I might fit a small too!

15. JjasonL

JjasonL Senior member

If u gained 5lbs do you think you would still fit the coat? Leaning towards a small now since we're similar sizes

16. barrettdudley

barrettdudley Senior member

Yeah, I do. I was just in NYC wearing it every day over two layers (a button down or long sleeve tee under a chunky cardigan or wool sweater). I had full range of movement and was very comfortable.

It definitely depends on your body type though and where you carry your body weight. For reference, I almost always wear smalls in tops, I'm a 36S in most suits, and I typically take a 29 in pants or denim. If you're a 38 or especially a 40 chest for example, you might be more comfortable in the medium.

Hope that helps.

17. ceoceo

ceoceo Senior member

I am 5'9'' 150, and when I tried CG stuffs on I ended up getting size XS. It's for when I am wearing either a tee or a bd under it though.

18. tedbearz

tedbearz Senior member

Does any know about the sizing/fit of the Selkirk? Is it slim like the chataeu or closer to the chiliwak?

19. JjasonL

JjasonL Senior member

im 5'9 155 and chateau in small is pretty perfect size!

20. PattyC

PattyC Senior member

I'm 6'2 180 lbs and comfortably wear the Chateau in M, go for a Small