1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Canada Goose

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by Jbreen1, Aug 3, 2009.

1. Distorbiant

Distorbiant Senior member

2. Find Finn

Find Finn Senior member

But at least you won't get overlooked in traffic.

3. chet31

chet31 Senior member

I think I want a Canada Goose, but they are hard to buy. Are there any stores in the USA or Canada carry a large stock? I see a lot of interesting stuff on the Canada Goose website, but can only find smatterings of Canada Goose here and there - usually a Chilliwack or Expedition, usually in black (e.g. Nordstrom in Chicago). In fact, it's even difficult to find it online. Does anybody know of stores in the USA or Canada that carry a large stock of Canada Goose - several different models and colors? I routinely get to Chicago, Minneapolis, and New York, but for the purposes of my question, I don't care about the city.

Sidebar, I also like Arc'Teryx stuff, same deal as Canada Goose, it's hard to find a selection anywhere. Anybody know of an Arc'Teryx "superstore?"

4. Find Finn

Find Finn Senior member

Have you tried the website under stockists?

Arcteryx has an online store their website

Last edited: Jan 30, 2014
  5. gaseousclay

gaseousclay Senior member

moosejaw.com, altrec.com, backcountry.com all carry CG. If you have a Nordstrom's in your town they also carry CG. not very hard to find

6. gaseousclay

but in this case you're talking about Bain Capital, a venture capital firm notorious for offshoring labor and/or liquidating companies. this doesn't bode well for CG imo

7. gaseousclay

I have a hard time imagining CG would move production overseas. I mean, they're called "Canada Goose" for a reason.

8. Kvc06

Kvc06 Senior member

Anyone own a Constable? How warm is it?

9. misterjuiceman

misterjuiceman Senior member

Blue in Green has Canada Goose (as a side note, Self Edge has a 900 fill power down jacket, and they're in NY), and Barneys has both Canada Goose and Arc'teryx Veilence.

[​IMG]

10. chet31

chet31 Senior member

Most places, including Nordstrom, carry the Chilliwack and Expedition in black. I have also seen the Chilliwack in red, the Burnett in gray, and the Chateau in black. The CG website has 16 different coats, each available in 8-16 colors. I don't mind buying on-line and exchanging a few times, but it would be fun to see more models and especially, more colors, before taking the plunge. But I get it, they are expensive for retailers to stock and a gigantic selection in one place is not going to happen. Thanks for the suggestions.

11. Find Finn

Find Finn Senior member

It's late in the season, so they could be.......... sold out.

12. AppleFarmer

AppleFarmer Member

if anyone spots a burnett in graphite online or in nyc area, please let me know!

13. chet31

chet31 Senior member

14. aspasp

aspasp Senior member

where's the best place to try these on in NYC?

15. Kvc06

Kvc06 Senior member

I just ordered a Chateau in M and am getting a bit nervous about the sizing reading around the web. I tried a few parkas in Large and they were very big. I tried the Chilliwack in M and it fit perfect. Does anyone know the comparison of Chilliwack and Chateau sizing?

Last edited: Feb 17, 2014
  16. endless402

endless402 Senior member

chateau is slim but true to size

chilliwack you size down

therefore you should have gone for a large chateau if the chilliwack medium fits you well.

17. Kvc06

Kvc06 Senior member

Thanks for your help - I went ahead and ordered a large and will just keep whichever works better.

18. malaysian

malaysian Active Member

Not sure if my late reply is gonna help, but anyway
    Most large retailers like Bloomingdales, Barneys, Saks all stock CGs
    Personally I prefer Bloomingdales as it has a large selection of CGs. Go to their flagship store on 3rd ave

19. malaysian

malaysian Active Member

Btw, how do you guys store your CG jackets?
    I'm living in a college dorm and I'll be taking most of my clothes to some air conditioned storage space. Just curious how should I keep my jacket? Pack it inside an air space bag?

20. AAJJLLPP

AAJJLLPP Senior member

I have no experience with canada goose jackets, but i think it is a bad idea to "pack" down for any extended periods of time. I know for down sleeping bags it is reccomended to store them loosely, only packing them into their stuff sacks when youre carrying them. Down will lose some of its loft being stored tightly packed, which will in turn make it less warm. I think it would be best off on a hanger.