1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Canada Goose

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by Jbreen1, Aug 3, 2009.

1. Find Finn

Find Finn Senior member

I don't live in the us, so I wouldn't know, but a the end of season, if you want something at a discount.

2. chet31

chet31 Senior member

Altrec is a legitimate retailer of outdoor products. Highly doubt they would sell unauthentic goods. The 50% discount offered by DJ Bennett is about the best I've ever heard of - jump on it.

3. svelten

svelten Senior member

Forgive my fashion ignorance, but can someone please point me to some stylish alternatives to CG as a starting point? I just moved to Calgary and my assortment of wool overcoats and peacoats seriously ain't gonna cut it. I've got a budget of under $1K. I have trouble finding Moncler stuff that I like. I just want a supercoat that I can basically throw on and not freeze to death. I don't think suggestions like "just layer" "wear a scarf" etc. are always practical, sensible or ideal.

What are some thoughts on the Branta collection? http://www.canada-goose.com/collections/travel/

Last edited: Sep 26, 2013
  4. bertie

bertie Senior member

CG is not a bad choice for Calgary. They mostly look like blacked out parkas which lots of folks wear. Moncler will stand out a lot more both from styling and fabric perspective. Depends a bit on how much time you spend outside as well and whether you wear jackets/suits underneath.

I have a North Face Parka that looks like a CG (except for the logo of course). I use when it gets colder than minus 25 but that honestly does not happen that much anymore. I also have a down Penfield parka for weekends and driving to the ski hill. For most work days I wear a wool coat over suit. Lots of folks just use their warmer ski jacket when it gets colder. It is not a very formal city.

5. malaysian

malaysian Active Member

Does anyone know how common folks wear CG in NYC? Thinking of copping a pair but don't want to look like everyone else. My only other option is Moncler but I'm leaning more towards CG due to design wise and CG feels like it can last longer.

6. ter1413

ter1413 Senior member

Not sure I understand that.....common folks put the jacket on and zip it up!

Do you mean how common it is to see people in NYC with CG? If so.....people wear CG. You won't be alone.....

3 people like this.
  7. Find Finn

Find Finn Senior member

Damn plebs putting on coats and zipping them, what's next putting pants on the right way round.

Better wear your coat inside out so people can see you are not commoner.

Last edited: Sep 27, 2013
    2 people like this.
  8. ter1413

ter1413 Senior member

Ha

9. malaysian

malaysian Active Member

My bad, I meant how "common" it is to see people wearing CG in NYC, not "common folks."

Anyway just wondering which bomber jacket is the slimmest- is it the Borden bomber?

Singer22 is having 20% storewide but my size is all sold out :(

10. malaysian

malaysian Active Member

When's the best time to get a pair of CG? During Black Friday?

Last edited: Oct 1, 2013
  11. lidprop

lidprop Member

I think the best time to buy is end-of-season. I bought a Citadel last year at Bloomingdales, on a clearance rack, for about $350. Can't beat that. But, doesn't help you this winter unfortunately.

12. Find Finn

Find Finn Senior member

While the jacket you want is available some models sell out quickly depending on size and color, in some places stock will be low already.

13. malaysian

malaysian Active Member

So you reckon I should buy now? I have no stuff for winter as I've just moved to NYC. Was thinking of waiting til Black Friday or something but if the deals aren't great I might as well get them now. Opinions?

14. Find Finn

Find Finn Senior member

Its going to be cold as hell by Black Friday, so if you don't have jacket get one.

15. Raindrop

Raindrop Senior member

Winter is no joke, better get a warm heavy duty jacket ready!

16. malaysian

malaysian Active Member

Just using a couple of sweatshirts at the moment. Was hoping I could wait til black friday to get one CG in order to save some $$.
    How cold will it get by black friday? I thought it'll only start snowing somewhere mid december?
    Where's good to get CG in NYC? I'm planning to get a Borden bomber and apparently not many places carry that.

17. NormanF

NormanF Senior member

GearTrade, Back Country's outlet store is always worth checking out! You can find unbelievably good second hand quality merchandise. With Canada Goose, there is a seldom a need to get it brand new during the season.

18. NormanF

NormanF Senior member

Cold and windy in the Colorado mountains! This is when I find my CG Chiliwack blocks both the cold and the wind!

Worth every penny and then some that I paid for it.

Last edited: Oct 4, 2013
  19. Raindrop

Raindrop Senior member

Best clothing purchases are the ones that keep you safe!

20. JChance

JChance Senior member

Thoughts on Context's CGxLevis Collab. Not sure if its worth $100-200 mark up.

Last edited: Oct 5, 2013