Canada Goose

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by Jbreen1, Aug 3, 2009.

1. Jbreen1

Jbreen1 Senior member

BIG just got some new CG stuff in and it's pretty fresh. Some special down filled corduroy jacket collection plus some stuff from the Japanese CG line.

2. irbe

irbe Senior member

Nice stuff, hard on the pockets the Japanese line.

3. Elmo

Elmo Well-Known Member

what is that jacket? where can I buy it?

I don't know if this applies to this jacket, but on most other CG jackets the handwarmer pockets are actually on the sides of the upper pockets, not the lower.

The CG logo is pretty interesting in that it's a really shitty version of the real United States Antarctic Program logo, which incidentally is on the standard issue jackets made by CG. I guess they really liked it but obviously couldn't use the real thing. Heres a shot of my issue parka with the USAP patch:
    [​IMG]
    If you really like the jacket go for it, these things are practically indestructible.

4. Elmo

Elmo Well-Known Member

to return to the start of this thread, I tried every vendor of the CG web site...no luck. same with gear up.

does anyone have a source for the photo jacket?

[​IMG]

I've been looking around for this Canada Goose photo jacket and I don't think any of their online retailers have it. Anybody know anywhere you can get these? I have no plans of using it for photography which is what it is made for. I just want it as a storm shell/rain jacket and use it to layer a fleece or something underneath in the winter.
    http://www.canada-goose.com/122pr_photo_jacket.htm

5. hchc

hchc Well-Known Member

BIG just got some new CG stuff in and it's pretty fresh. Some special down filled corduroy jacket collection plus some stuff from the Japanese CG line.
    What's BIG? Do they have an online store?

6. mmm

mmm Senior member

7. chroMe

chroMe Senior member

photographer jacket: harry rosen

Was thinking of getting the manitoba jacket for scooter riding from uncle otis - who said they will ship to my hotel saving me a trip to toronto whilst visiting montreal. lovely.

8. JaPo

JaPo Senior member

[​IMG]

Could one endeavour for their jacket to look as good as this? Most examples I've seen have an almost completely different fit.

9. icanfly012

icanfly012 Well-Known Member

try the kid sizes.

10. Elmo

Elmo Well-Known Member

Now at Gear Up

11. ville_e

ville_e Senior member

[​IMG]

Could one endeavour for their jacket to look as good as this? Most examples I've seen have an almost completely different fit.

He got a smaller size.. that explains the fit.

12. ville_e

ville_e Senior member

Anybody have a constable? I was thinking of getting one but I'm not so sure about those side zippers. They seem like they would look retarded.

I recommend the constable. It looks really nice and I've been very happy with it. The zippers don't look bad IMO.

13. chroMe

chroMe Senior member

I looked at some styles and they are wayyy to warm for the climate I'm in and the photographer jacket has a hideola plastic pocket down the left arm. As an aside, for the gym, I bought a cap and a tshirt at a sporting goods shop on St Denis, in Montreal.

14. edubs01

edubs01 Senior member

Does anybody own the Freestyle vest?
    What is the fit like?

15. BrooklynHighpost

BrooklynHighpost Senior member

[​IMG]

That pic from Sartorialist is what got me to order a CG, thought it was slim fit like the pic. Tried it and promptly return it, it doesn't look anything like the pic. You might have to down 2 size to look like that. The actual jacket is like a armor, supposedly to protect you if you are in Antartica, way too warm even in the NYC Jan weather.