Canada Goose

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by Jbreen1, Aug 3, 2009.

1. Patrick James

Patrick James Senior member

Yeah, I e-mailed Mark a week or so ago and he notified me about the sale they were having and, truthfully, I should have taken that route rather than be stingy and wait for SSENSE to--possibly--drop them to 30% off.

Last edited: Jan 11, 2012
  2. blairh

blairh Senior member

Woah. It's just as expensive as CG.

The funny thing is that I was looking at their site and was impressed they do 90% down/10% feathers versus CG's 80/20.

Yeah, report back what happens. It really should not be leaking feathers to that amount. The occasional feather or two is expected. I associate a coat that leaks feathers with poor craftsmanship. The LL Bean Baxter State parka is a leaking mess.

If you want to recoup some money for it, just sell it online. Craiglist or Kijiji. Bet you could get close to what you paid for it. I think at least.

$200 more and you could have gotten the Gormley. Something to still consider if you sell your coat.

3. NerdBird

NerdBird Well-Known Member

I bought a down-filled jacket from Club Monaco last season and it leaked feathers like crazy. It was also a final sale item but I was able to return it. I told them the jacket was defective and that it was leaking too many feathers. It turns out that whoever designed it forgot to include a layer of liner material that should've prevented leaking.

4. Patrick James

Exactly. I did a quick bit of research online and it seems as if it is the result of shotty craftsmanship and or the use of subpar materials.

5. Patrick James

How do things like this happen? ha. Unbelievable. I could always write QN and complain, but then I'd have to go through the process of bringing the jacket into the retail location where it was purchased, have them send it in for inspection and then wait for a decision. All the while I'll need a jacket in the meantime.

6. lesamourai

lesamourai Senior member

So how does the Oxton fit? If I wear a x-small Chilliwack is an x-small Oxton the way to go?
    Yeah, definitely not. After wearing my goose I might get a feather or two. Certainly not enough to cover my shirt.

7. Patrick James

Tough to say. For the Gormley, I liked the size medium and I'm a small in the CG Chilliwack and Constable. However, Nerd Bird might feel a bit differently. I guess it depends on how you like to wear your winter coats.

8. lesamourai

lesamourai Senior member

Hrm, well even the CG is a bit too roomy for my tastes. The rep I spoke to from cmfr (I asked for measurements but apparently they don't have them) said that he has a 40" chest and wears a medium, so I kinda assumed that each size would probably go down ~2 inches or so, and since I have about a 35" chest the xs would be good so I ordered it. Although this could all be a giant excuse created by me to order one since xs was all they had left. Thanks for the info though, hope it fits.

9. NerdBird

I haven't tried this season's Oxton bomber, but the one I have fits TTS. I think they may have changed the sizing for this season as I was expecting the Gormley to fit TTS but I had to size down one for a better fit.

10. blairh

blairh Senior member

I might get the Gormley if Due West or Ssense knock it down 50% eventually. I seriously doubt it will happen, but you never know. It's a very new brand. Plus they seem to have plenty in stock for this time of year compared to other coats.

11. NerdBird

12. blairh

blairh Senior member

Thanks for sharing this. Nice looking coat. Still think it's grossly overpriced.

13. Patrick James

Thanks to some great customer service I was actually permitted to exchange the defective Quartz Nature for another jacket. I went with the Chateau--Gormley wasn't available at this location--and I love it. It turns out the model I had tried on previously and disliked so much was the Banf. Whoops. The Chateau was a bit more expensive, but I'm starting to realize that a lifetime warranty and a reputation based on exceptional construction are worth the extra money. I had to size up to a large, though, compared to a small in the Constable and Chilliwack.

Last edited: Jan 13, 2012
  14. althanis

althanis Senior member

We have a new convert!

15. Patrick James

Not really. I've owned the Alberta Vest, Chilliwack and Constable. I've just been protesting the spike in costs.