Canada Goose

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by Jbreen1, Aug 3, 2009.

1. blairh

blairh Senior member

Seeing that a SF member recently purchased a fake CG coat online, I want to take a second to discuss how to avoid doing so in this thread.

First off, CG provides a page on their site where they discuss counterfeit CG gear and list websites that provide fakes. Unfortuntely CG can't keep up with how many fake CG gear sites appear, so the list is just one tool to use.

If you want to be 100% sure when making a purchase online, you need to first see if they are listed on the official online retailers list. This list only covers Canada and the States. This is the current list of online retailers.

If you want to see what retail stores carry authentic Canada Goose, then use this page on the official site. By default it will detect your IP address location and list stores in your area. You have two options on that page. You can either enter a specific address and search by country (along with including a radius) or you can search specifically by state/province or country.

My friend purchased from an online US retailer this fall called Campsaver but was worried after getting his coat that it was potentially fake. He contacted CG and they explained that if you search for the company using their search tool in the state of Utah, the retailers establishment pops up. (They are based in Utah.) So just because a store isn't listed on the online retailer list, it doesn't mean your CG is fake.

I think their system could be more clear if they simply had an additional page that listed stores throughout the world instead of their current search tool which isn't all that clear.

Lastly, the web is filled with websites selling counterfeit CG gear. If you do a Canada Goose jacket search using Google Shopping you'll probably be treated to more fake CG gear than real. The common sense approach is that if the price seems too good to be true, it is. Canada Goose likes to brag that their apparel never goes on sale, but that isn't true. You can occasionally find discounts online but it is almost always around the end-of-winter/spring/summer. Occasionally a retail store will offer a sale on CG gear, but almost always after Christmas.

Lastly, websites like Ebay, Craigslist, and Kijiji are filled with people selling fake CG gear. The Expedition and Chilliwack seem to be especially popular faked CG coats. So if you do purchase from one of those sites, just do your best to make sure it's a real coat. Here are two online guides.

Last edited: Jan 7, 2012

2. althanis

althanis Senior member

Hopefully my experience will help you guys out:

Currently living in Toronto, and I recently bought a CG Chateau in small. I'm 5'10" and about 130lbs, so I'm pretty skinny. I also tried on the XS but I could on just barely zip it up, which I was surprised at, because it's usually pretty difficult to find coats that fit well. So yeah, they fit pretty slim.

With regards to the fur on the hood, someone else mentioned that it doesn't look as good as the other CG parkas, but mine does - it has as much fur as my gf's, and every other one that I see.

With regards to warmth, I have to say that it is pretty amazing! At about -5 I don't even have to layer, I just put on a tshirt, a regular shirt and my Chateau. In fact, a few days ago it was about -15 (-20) with the wind chill, and it was plenty warm, and I didn't layer as much as I did last winter when I didn't have it.

I'm very, very satisfied with my purchase. I'm also from the tropics, so I have to say winter is a little harder on me than I guess it would be for someone who was born and raised in Toronto, yet the parka works for me.

One last thing - I chose the Chateau not just because it was a slim fit, but because it was a lot simpler on the outside. The other models have a lot of pockets and "noise" all over them, and to me that ruled them out when I was looking for something that I could wear casually, but would also work for going to work (unless you work outside). But this is just my opinion.

3. blairh

blairh Senior member

Fahrenheit or Celsius?

4. phamtar

phamtar New Member

celcius

5. althanis

althanis Senior member

Woops sorry, Celsius!

6. blairh

blairh Senior member

Haha. No worries. I'm American so I automatically think people are talking Fahrenheit, which is stupid of me.

Still, that's impressive. What were you wearing with respect to layers the day it was -20 with wind chill?

7. NerdBird

NerdBird Well-Known Member

Good to hear that the Chateau's warm. Some people have said that the Chateau isn't as warm as other CG jackets. Give us an update when the temps hit -10C and below. :)

8. althanis

althanis Senior member

H&M V-neck tshirt
    H&M Polyester/cotton shirt (I know I know!)
    Cotton sweater-vest

And then the parka!

9. tedbearz

tedbearz Senior member

Any own the Lodge Jacket? How is sizing?

10. lesamourai

lesamourai Senior member

Hell, where were these when I bought chilliwack last year. I might sell off my cg and buy one of these.

11. ggoofer

ggoofer Well-Known Member

For those considering the Chateau, you should also look at the Langford if you can find it, especially if you are tall. It is a slightly longer coat than Chateau with longer sleeves. I am 6'4 with long arms and the medium fits me perfectly. Picked it up at Nordstrom...not sure why almost no one seems to carry this model. I like the styling better than Chateau (those buttons are ugly IMO). Quite warm too, though I have no other CGs to compare it with.

12. challford

challford New Member

Can anyone comment on the sizing for the Constable? I am debating between L and M. I'm 6'2" and 200 lb. I'd normally get a L, but I've read it fits small. However, I also don't want it to be too short in the arms. Anyone?

Many thanks.

13. blairh

blairh Senior member

CMFR had a limited run last winter as it was the start of the company line and this fall/winter was their first full season.

14. blairh

blairh Senior member

The Langford is strangely hard to find. When did you buy it? Did you pay retail for it ($645)?

15. ggoofer

ggoofer Well-Known Member

Nordstrom had two mediums in stock about two weeks ago, one of which was at the store I was at in PA and the other in Seattle. Paid retail for it, and happy with that decision so far. The only slight bummer is they only ordered them in navy, but it's almost as good as black.

Definitely agree with the "strange" part. You would think more stores would carry it. It could be that the sizing is weird, since it does run very long. Like I said, I'm 6'4 and 170 lbs and the medium fits perfectly in the chest (slim but still a bit of room) and arms. So more normally proportioned people might have a tough time finding a size that doesn't look goofy