Canada Goose

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by Jbreen1, Aug 3, 2009.

1. willyxjai

willyxjai Well-Known Member

Nerdbird - In my opinion the constable looks like a perfect fit just because how the jacket hugs around your body,but as for the manitoba you can definitely tell that its a bit baggy on you even though their japanese line its supposedly to be slim fitted. I made the same mistake as well when i bought my yukon bomber, the store i went didn't have a smalll so i figured since im a small in jackets i figured that it'll fit me like a glove but boy was I wrong.

2. NerdBird

NerdBird Well-Known Member

Oh alright, thanks for the feedback guys. I guess I'm just not used to puffy jackets. I'll hang on to them for a bit longer to see if they grow on me.

I dunno if any stores have stock left, but I'd like to try on a Nobis Yatesy to compare the fits.

3. NormanF

NormanF Senior member

I bought a used merino wool CG Chilliwack bomber jacket from Gear Trade. Its plenty warm and I didn't pay retail for it.

Last edited: Jan 5, 2012

4. willyxjai

Have you look into Canada goose chateau, I tried on my friends the other day and surprising it fit better than the Yukon bomber. Yatesy is nice for those that perfer long parkas but I don't see myself spending that much on a jacket, I'm glad I didnt pay retail for my cartel.

5. Patrick James

Patrick James Senior member

The Constable fits you well, NerdBird. However, after seeing how the Manitoba fits on you--with your extra ten pounds on me--I can say I'm glad I didn't pull the trigger on the medium. The small would have sufficed. Either way, I'm sure you'll figure something out that works for you.

Last edited: Jan 6, 2012

6. Find Finn

Find Finn Senior member

I don't understand how you can fit in to a small with your height and weight and find it big, I'm 5,8 and the same weight and I was choosing between medium and large (ended up with medium) I wouldn't be able to zip a small.

7. NerdBird

Yeah, I've heard the Chateau is a slimmer cut, but I've also heard that it isn't as warm. Do they fit TTS? I'll try one on if I get the chance. As for the Yatesy, I can get one for $600.

Thanks. Maybe it doesn't fit so bad after all and that I'm just not used to how CG jackets fit. I'm used to slimmer-cut jackets.

I find the Constable pretty boxy. I've never owned a CG jacket, so I guess I wasn't prepared for how puffy they were.

8. blairh

blairh Senior member

I had the Chateau and was not impressed by its warmth nor the amount of fur on the pelt. Having said that, it's a beautiful coat that provides a very slim fit and look. My gut says you'd love it. You seem preoccupied on the boxy cut of a regular fit Canada Goose coat like the Constable. Probably because you aren't used to such cuts or perhaps because you simply prefer slimmer coats. Keep in mind the Constable isn't puffy, it just has a roomier cut than other CG coats. The Manitoba however is puffier despite being a slim cut.

I don't know where you live but personally I don't find the slim fit CG coats to be especially warm. I think the Manitoba and Calgary are exceptions because they are comprised of different outer shells compared to the other slim fit CG coats.

I think you'd be good in a Medium Chateau. I had that size but I'm 2" taller than you and muscular, and it was too tight. Plus I layer in the winter.

If you can get a Yatesy for $600 then I think that's the way to go. But you'll need to be living in a cold climate because from what I understand that is a seriously warm coat.

Last edited: Jan 6, 2012

9. NerdBird

Well, I live in Toronto, so nothing too crazy. I usually just wear a flannel button-up under my jackets and only layer on the extremely cold days so I usually prefer a slimmer profile. A Chateau would probably suffice for Toronto weather. I'll keep an eye out for one.

The Manitoba's a really comfortable jacket. It's light and doesn't restrict movement at all. If it had a slimmer profile, I'd love it. As it is, I'll probably end up selling it. I'm on the fence about the constable.

10. blairh

blairh Senior member

I'll let Canadian SF members chime in about whether the Chateau is a good choice for Toronto winters. Personally, as a Bostonian, I found the Chateau to be not as warm as I wanted, and Boston is slightly warmer in the winter than Toronto.

You should definitely try on the Gormley seeing that it is a slim cut from what I understand. Try on the Gormley, Chateau, and Yatesy in a store, and then make your decision.

11. Patrick James

Patrick James Senior member

The Gormley is all I can think about!

12. NerdBird

Mark from CMFR said that their end of season sale will most likely happen in March. He also said that Due West in Toronto is their official retailer and they currently have a promotion for 15% off.

13. blairh

blairh Senior member

I wonder if CMFR is going to offer a serious discount in March. My guess is yes.

14. willyxjai

I can confirm that due west currently have a sale on cmfr not sure on what model they have since Im
    not in the market for another winter jacket. But from what I saw they had jackets similar to the chilliwack and
    Ontario from Canada goose.

15. blairh

blairh Senior member

The Due West sale is 15% off. There is a promo code if you order online.