Canada Goose

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by Jbreen1, Aug 3, 2009.

1. Patrick James

Patrick James Senior member

whoa.

2. NormanF

NormanF Senior member

Let's not have a flame war on this thread. Whatever personal differences SF members may have, let's keep it out of the discussion. CG is a great jacket and its the standard of excellence in winter outerwear.

3. Patrick James

Patrick James Senior member

My Constable is getting its first use of the season today.

4. linds_15

linds_15 Senior member

Put on my chilliwack for the first time yesterday and fund 5 bucks. Then at the train station wasshort 5 bucks for food and voila, forgot about my newly found money. Love when that hapens.

5. Spencer

Spencer Senior member

FYI

Got my CG Hybridge Lite Vest Today. It's good for us SoCal peeps who don't really experience winer, becuase the vest is pretty thin and lite, definietly not something you'd want to be treking in snow with. Size is TTS to Slim. A lite sweater/thermal can be worn under it but not much more than that. No fit pics, juts jacked this off their site.

[​IMG]

6. ceoceo

ceoceo Senior member

fit pic please? :D I really want to see how that fits.

7. Dreamre

Dreamre New Member

Alright, I have one final question [​IMG].

When I zip up the jacket, should there be give or take space between the jacket and my body? Right now, in my medium Chateau, I have about 1.5~2 inches of space (I can fit my arm in between) while wearing a t-shirt.

When I tried on a small, there was absolutely no space in between the zipper and my body...maybe about half an inch or a bit more.

I've looked through this thread and people around my height and weight got a small Calgary and the fit looks slimmer. When I layer my clothes, should it feel slightly tight as the down needs to be compressed? The salesperson at Harry Rosen told me to go with the medium if I was planning to layer my clothes, however I'm not sure if he told me that because they were out of smalls and wanted a sale.

Thank you guys for your time. Much appreciated!

Last edited: Nov 23, 2011
  8. NormanF

NormanF Senior member

The fit looks slimmer wearing a t-shirt. If you do plan to layer, get the medium like the salesperson said. I don't know if you tried on the medium. Go there on Black Friday and see how it fits.

9. blairh

blairh Senior member

This is probably an impossible find, but any chance anyone knows of Cyber Monday deals for CG? Worth a shot to ask.

10. randomkoreandude

randomkoreandude Senior member

context clothing!!!

i just returned my size small calgary to uncle otis (slightly too big, even if its the intended fit) and opted for an XS chateau for like 550 at context

Last edited: Nov 28, 2011
  11. NormanF

NormanF Senior member

They pop up on Gear Trade (run by the Back Country, authorized dealer) from time to time. It probably won't look brand new but if there are no cuts, tears, rips, stain or marks, one can pick up a genuine CG for well below retail. As you know with luxury brands the prices are fixed and the most for a new CG, from authorized dealers, you might get it at 10-20% off. They are worth checking out and if there is a sale today, snap it up before its gone for good!

Last edited: Nov 28, 2011
  12. blairh

blairh Senior member

Saw that. Thanks though. I still paid less for my Chateau than what Context currently wants. Sadly Medium was too small. I'm sure you'll love yours.

13. blairh

blairh Senior member

No, I don't feel comfortable buying any clothes that aren't new. That's just me. Thanks though.

14. NormanF

NormanF Senior member

Ok. But I like a diamond in the rough and I know a good deal when I see one.

15. sgo8

sgo8 Active Member

Sold my year old Yukon bomber and picked up the Chateau in Navy/S. Loving the length and slimmer cut!