Canada Goose

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by Jbreen1, Aug 3, 2009.

1. blairh

blairh Senior member

I found your reply to be snarky in that you insinuate that sizing up will look bad on me. Seeing that this is a "style" forum.

Technically by CG standards (go look at their chest size guidelines on the previous page of this thread) I'm a medium, not a large. 6' 175lbs doesn't mean anything if you don't take into account the person's chest and waist size. As someone stated before in this thread you need to pay attention to the cut of the CG coat to get an idea of what size you are in it. Seeing that CG has 3 different jacket cuts (relaxed, regular, and slim) I wouldn't be surprised if I'm 3 different sizes in all 3.

What argument did I make about the Expedition? My only point was that I'd need to go pretty large in size with the Chateau to worry about the boxy look of an Expedition.

Last edited: Nov 21, 2011

2. chaos

chaos Senior member

I never insinuated that it'll look bad on you, I said it'll look bad on most people. Have no idea why you're so sensitive. This argument is complete threadcrap.

Even on the slim models (Chateau etc.), CG runs a little big. Go to any store that sells CG and ask the sales associates, they'll tell you the same. I just don't want your posts to mislead people into thinking that they need to size up on ANY CG models, this is not true for most of the population (especially slimmer dudes).

Let's drop this now.

3. blairh

blairh Senior member

At the same time I don't want people mislead by how warm you are making the Chateau out to be.

I agree, let's drop this. I'll report back when I get my large.

4. NormanF

NormanF Senior member

Not every buyer with a slim build has a small chest. And fit is a subjective question. What looks right for one person, doesn't work for another. I know mine is a bit baggy in the sleeves. I don't care. It looks good on me.

5. Dreamre

Dreamre New Member

Sorry for the late reply, I have been really busy with exams.

Here's a picture with the jacket on. Sorry for the horrible quality!

It feels comfortable, but it still looks a bit bulky. Do you guys think I should go with a small instead?

[​IMG]

6. NormanF

NormanF Senior member

How does it feel when you layer it? If its neither loose nor snug, its probably the perfect fit for your frame.

7. mugatu

mugatu Senior member

I'm with Norman here..

CG are technically inclined insulated down jackets, they are not supposed to fit like regular clothing, trying to size down to make them look less bulky kinda defeats the purpose of getting a high-end technical down jacket in the first place imo. (there are plenty of fashion down jackets on the market for a slimmer look i.e. moncler)

i know CG has become trendy and fashionable, and there is now a japanese line etc.. but first and foremost they are technical jackets and therefore when sizing i always go for function over fashion..

for example with the constable, a medium fits me snug and is quite flattering, well i went with a large which definitely looks a bit bulkier however feels infinitely comfier which i feel is more important.. ( there's nothing worst than feeling trapped in a undersized down jacket imo)

on the subject of warmth, i don't know about the chateau, but i've driven across the streets of paris by -2C on my vespa with nothing more than a thin t-shirt under my constable and wasn't the least bit chilly (then again i have the lance mackey edition !)

finally, my advice to people is to try and find a store to try these on, different models size differently, and the proper fit is really a matter of taste on if you prefer form over function.. so the definite answer will probably never be on this message board / end debate.

Last edited: Nov 22, 2011

8. NormanF

NormanF Senior member

Agreed. That's my thinking about CG. In other brands, its more straightforward for me. I take L in a Patagonia Parka. In Hemp Hoodlamb Classic, I went with M since the jacket is so generously cut. My leather jackets are size 42. So I know what fits rights for me and I generally have a good instinct in picking the right size for my outerwear needs.

9. blairh

blairh Senior member

Just looked at your first post. You said you are 5'7", 160lbs. I'm 5" taller, 15 lbs heavier, and also got a medium (which is too small). Personally I don't think that looks bulky plus you say it feels comfortable, which is the most important factor IMO. I'm returning my medium for a large.

10. blairh

blairh Senior member

While I have never tried on the Lance Mackey Constable, just from looking at the photos online and reading its description, I'm very confident it is warmer than the Chateau. They both have the same level of down, but I don't know if they possess the same amount within the coat. Seeing that your Constable is a regular fit and the Chateau is a slim fit, I'm quite sure the Constable possess more actual grams of down within your coat. Also keep in mind the Chateau is more a fashion down coat whereas the LM Constable is a performance driven parka.

I'm pretty sure there are 3 levels of warmth provided by CG parkas when it comes to the models that are not in the bomber style like a Chillwack. I think it goes like this: The relaxed cuts are heaviest and warmest (Expedition, etc), next is the regular cut (Constable, etc), and lastly the slim cuts (Chateau, etc). The Chateau is a warm coat for sure, but cannot comfortably handle the scenarios others have provided within this thread (like yours on the Vespa in those conditions).

I agree that all debating aside, you really should try on a coat at an actual store if you have the opportunity to do so. You just never quite know what you are jumping into by ordering something online. Another thing to keep in mind while trying it on is how much you plan on layering under your coat.

11. Dreamre

Dreamre New Member

@NormanF

Thanks for your quick reply! Much appreciated!

When I layer, the jacket does not feel loose nor snug. Also, when I tried on the small, I felt as the sleeves were hugging onto my arms.

I just want to make sure this is a proper fit for me.

@blairh

Thank you for your reply! Okay, I can be happy with my purchase.

Cheers!

12. NormanF

NormanF Senior member

Yup, I think you've found the right size! Congratulations on your new CG acquisition. It will serve you well for many years to come.

13. brad-t

brad-t Bae Blade

14. ffatt

ffatt Senior member

^The whole time I was thinking damn...why is Synthese so active here and not the other threads you typically find him in :crackup:

15. blairh

blairh Senior member

Are you fucking serious? My avatar is actually a somewhat popular "motivation' meme. I didn't steal it from a fellow SF member.

What's your fucking problem with me? CG obsessed weirdo? If anyone's a weirdo it's the person that bought a CG coat with hopes to walk around shirtless in it.

I've been active in this thread because I've wanted a CG coat for some time now and finally got one. Plus my interest is raised given that I'm having a size issue with my coat. More importantly I really don't have to justify what threads I frequent and why.

I really have no desire to fight with a fellow SF member. Especially with name calling. But I also will never back down from some fellow SF member. Especially one who takes completely random and unnecessary personal shot at me.