Canada Goose

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by Jbreen1, Aug 3, 2009.

1. NormanF

NormanF Senior member

I have an older 2008 model. I've always worn Large in my size in most clothing brands. I have a large chest despite my small size and small clothing won't fit me. I have to go the opposite direction just to get a perfect fit for me. If I had a small chest, you'd be right. And its possible CG made it more to TTS in recent production as other posters have said...

Last edited: Nov 20, 2011

2. lesamourai

lesamourai Senior member

5'7"/5'8", 135lbs. Wearing an XS and I still have a ton of room. Probably could have gone to an XXS if I could find it.

[​IMG]

3. Spencer

Spencer Senior member

I disagree. That is just the coat, it is a down jacket after all. The length is right, it just happens to be a very insulated jacket.

4. NormanF

NormanF Senior member

You must have a small chest. At 42" I would find it too small.

5. blairh

blairh Senior member

I can't tell by the photo, however you are wearing what appears to be a T-shirt under your coat. A better assessment is to wear a sweater and then see how much room you still have. I'm not saying it will be different if you personally do this, but you need to keep in mind that most people wearing a down coat are rocking, at the very least, a T-shirt and sweater or something along those lines under their coat.

6. brad-t

brad-t Bae Blade

7. blairh

blairh Senior member

I completely disagree. If it's cold enough for me to wear a down coat I'm going to want to be in a sweater or something warm along those lines once the coat is off.

8. ceoceo

ceoceo Senior member

LoL them Tokyo kids wearing Moncler/CG under a v neck, complaining its too warm.

9. chaos

chaos Senior member

Uncontrol is right. Canada Goose jackets are definitely warm enough to be worn with just a T-shirt underneath and be fine in -20C weather. In fact, if you leave enough room for layering (i.e. a thick sweater), you're just increasing the amount of space for cold wind to leak into the jacket on the days you don't layer.

In my experience, if you wear a thick wool sweater underneath and zip up the jacket, it gets way too warm and uncomfortable, especially when you're moving around. A thin/light sweater (or long sleeve) is fine though.

Anyway, Canada Goose jackets look much better sized down. If you get a size larger for layering, it ends up looking really boxy and baggy... not good.

10. blairh

blairh Senior member

This might be true for a coat like the Expedition (which is heavy and bulky) but for the Chateau (which I have) you are wrong. It isn't nearly as warm as the Expedition and absolutely not meant to be worn with just a T-Shirt underneath. (Unless for some reason you want to wear it that way.)

11. chaos

chaos Senior member

I've owned both a Chateau and a Calgary, they're both fine up to -20C with a T-shirt underneath. If your body shape is slim and you have a drop, sizing up from your true size is bad, as it blouses out and looks boxy from the midsection and below. My entire argument is that it's a bad look.

Even still, I'm sure you could layer in the Chateau even at your true size, because the down feathers compress when you wear the jacket.

12. blairh

blairh Senior member

I just went out onto my patio. It's 39F (4C). I was wearing a T-shirt, light sweater, a cashmere scarf, and my Chateau zipped up to the neck, hood down. I was perfectly comfortable. Not too warm. There is no way that I wouldn't have felt cold if instead I was simply wearing a T-shirt and nothing else under my Chateau in this temperature. And you are talking about temps significantly colder. I absolutely 100% disagree with what you are saying with respect to warmth of this CG coat.

Furthermore the Chateau as you probably know is a slim cut. I'm 6', 175 lbs, 39" chest. The medium is too small even with just a sweater and T-shirt. I'm going to get a large and I have no fear that it will look boxy when I do so. I'd probably have to get an XL for it to remotely start looking like an Expedition.

13. chaos

chaos Senior member

Whatever, this argument is pretty useless. I'm just advising other buyers with a slim build that sizing up for CG is a bad idea because I know for a fact that it doesn't look good. After all, this is a forum for "style".

14. blairh

blairh Senior member

That's a pretty snarky reply and a silly one to boot.

I have zero worries that a large Chateau, given my measurements, will look bad. As I've stated before in this thread I'm going to report back once I get it after returning the medium. Seeing and feeling how close the medium fits on my body, again, I'm very confident a large Chateau will be ideal for me.

15. chaos

chaos Senior member

I don't even know what your problem is. How is it a "snarky" or silly response in any way, shape, or form?

Look, best of luck with your large CG; I really don't care how it fits on you, in fact I'm sure it'll be fine. I'm posting for the benefit of the general public in saying that for most CG models (aside from the Japanese line, which fits TTS), it's best to size down at least one. I've seen a lot more CG jackets here in Toronto than you have, so I know for a fact that most customers size down. And your argument about the Expedition model is irrelevant, as that model runs 2-3 sizes big.

Just go ahead and post your review when you get your large Chateau. Your argument isn't even relevant because at 6" 175 lb, you're a true Large anyway. My whole point was: don't size up for CG.