• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Canada Goose

Find Finn

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I don't like any of them and I'm pretty sure the vest is based an the Alberta vest not Freestyle and why would you remove the double pockets?
eh.gif

canstyleace

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I still prefer the normal jp line, or the newer lighter rotw versions just with the fugly logo patch removed or blacked out, that shinny hardware doesn't really do anything for me.

Green_Pinguin

Reaction score
Hi Guys,

I`m planning on buying a Canada Goose jacket, but before, I have a few questions and need your help. The models which have caught my eyes are the Chateau Parka and the Calgary Jacket, I like both equally. I want it slim as possible, so which one has the slimmer cut?

Further I`m not 100 % sure which size I need. My weight is about 115 lbs and I`m 182 cm tall. I`ve thoughted of a Japanese S. Would it the correct size for me? And if I couldn`t find it in Japanese edition could I go with a normal XS or maybe XXS? Thanks for your help!
worship.gif

Green_Pinguin

Reaction score
Ok thanks.But my weight is 40 lbs smaller than yours. So do you think japanese S would fit me too, or should I get Xs?

dtmt

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Uncontrol
the problem is it's just a red vest, nothing special about it design-wise

careful, you're trying to reason with people who spend hours arguing over what the best plain gray sweatshirt is

brad-t

Bae Blade
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Green_Pinguin
Ok thanks.But my weight is 40 lbs smaller than yours. So do you think japanese S would fit me too, or should I get Xs?

I'm still fairly slim (wear 34-36 chest, 30 waist) so you'd probably be fine with a Japanese S. I'd really need to see a pic of you to judge.

GoldenTribe

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by whatever123
oh really? the vest is my favorite piece of the three. would you kindly provide me the old navy link with a "better" designed vest?
Let's turn that question around. What about the vest makes it your "favourite"? It's plain and red. The upper pockets look overly large and the lower pockets have a flat (horizontal) top so there's no comfortable way to put your hands in them. Non-angled pockets on outerwear (blazers & suit jackets excepted) is one of my biggest pet peeves. I also dislike that the back is longer than the front -- a similar phenomenon manifests in short-sleeve polo shirts, and I don't like it there either, although I know people who do. Canada Goose also occupies that uncomfortable place in between branded and plain. If you dislike branding, you have to put up with the giant CG chest logo. And if you like your label on the outside, then you could probably hope for something a little more inspired than the plain old circular patch, especially on a collab item. I'm not going to try and argue that it's "provably objectively ugly" or anything, but there are more reasons to hate on this vest than to call it a favourite. There is nothing interesting about it visually, nothing innovative about it structurally, and nothing special about it in terms of materials. I only own one vest, it's RLBL and a helluva lot nicer than this one.

whatever123

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by GoldenTribe
Let's turn that question around. What about the vest makes it your "favourite"? It's plain and red. The upper pockets look overly large and the lower pockets have a flat (horizontal) top so there's no comfortable way to put your hands in them. Non-angled pockets on outerwear (blazers & suit jackets excepted) is one of my biggest pet peeves. I also dislike that the back is longer than the front -- a similar phenomenon manifests in short-sleeve polo shirts, and I don't like it there either, although I know people who do. Canada Goose also occupies that uncomfortable place in between branded and plain. If you dislike branding, you have to put up with the giant CG chest logo. And if you like your label on the outside, then you could probably hope for something a little more inspired than the plain old circular patch, especially on a collab item. I'm not going to try and argue that it's "provably objectively ugly" or anything, but there are more reasons to hate on this vest than to call it a favourite. There is nothing interesting about it visually, nothing innovative about it structurally, and nothing special about it in terms of materials. I only own one vest, it's RLBL and a helluva lot nicer than this one.
because its stylish and functional. im not going to write a paragraph on why other then what ive already mentioned. if you dont like it thats fine ... i do.

jhoge

Reaction score
Any idea where I can get a Yorkville or Chilliwack jacket in a small in any color besides black? I've got a 36" chest, I think that's the right size. I figure they're to most bomberesque jackets, and while I'd love the one from Yuki Matsuda, I don't think I have the $$ to drop on it.

Gmas

Reaction score
^^^ I know most places in Toronto are sold out of Chilliwacks and Yukons in smaller sizes and won't be receiving more until next year now.

Uncle Otis here carries the Japanese line - you could try contacting them and see if they could locate one for you.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads