1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Canada Goose

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by Jbreen1, Aug 3, 2009.

1. Find Finn

Find Finn Senior member

I don't like any of them and I'm pretty sure the vest is based an the Alberta vest not Freestyle and why would you remove the double pockets?[​IMG]

2. canstyleace

canstyleace Senior member

I still prefer the normal jp line, or the newer lighter rotw versions just with the fugly logo patch removed or blacked out, that shinny hardware doesn't really do anything for me.

3. whatever123

whatever123 Senior member

4. Green_Pinguin

Green_Pinguin Active Member

Hi Guys,

I`m planning on buying a Canada Goose jacket, but before, I have a few questions and need your help. The models which have caught my eyes are the Chateau Parka and the Calgary Jacket, I like both equally. I want it slim as possible, so which one has the slimmer cut?

Further I`m not 100 % sure which size I need. My weight is about 115 lbs and I`m 182 cm tall. I`ve thoughted of a Japanese S. Would it the correct size for me? And if I couldn`t find it in Japanese edition could I go with a normal XS or maybe XXS? Thanks for your help! [​IMG]

5. brad-t

brad-t Senior member

6. Green_Pinguin

Ok thanks.But my weight is 40 lbs smaller than yours. So do you think japanese S would fit me too, or should I get Xs?

7. MIKE_JE

MIKE_JE Senior member

Where does one buy Japanese CG besides Rakuten?

8. dtmt

dtmt Senior member

the problem is it's just a red vest, nothing special about it design-wise

careful, you're trying to reason with people who spend hours arguing over what the best plain gray sweatshirt is

9. brad-t

brad-t Senior member

Ok thanks.But my weight is 40 lbs smaller than yours. So do you think japanese S would fit me too, or should I get Xs?

I'm still fairly slim (wear 34-36 chest, 30 waist) so you'd probably be fine with a Japanese S. I'd really need to see a pic of you to judge.

10. GoldenTribe

GoldenTribe Senior member

oh really? the vest is my favorite piece of the three. would you kindly provide me the old navy link with a "better" designed vest?
    Let's turn that question around. What about the vest makes it your "favourite"? It's plain and red. The upper pockets look overly large and the lower pockets have a flat (horizontal) top so there's no comfortable way to put your hands in them. Non-angled pockets on outerwear (blazers & suit jackets excepted) is one of my biggest pet peeves. I also dislike that the back is longer than the front -- a similar phenomenon manifests in short-sleeve polo shirts, and I don't like it there either, although I know people who do. Canada Goose also occupies that uncomfortable place in between branded and plain. If you dislike branding, you have to put up with the giant CG chest logo. And if you like your label on the outside, then you could probably hope for something a little more inspired than the plain old circular patch, especially on a collab item. I'm not going to try and argue that it's "provably objectively ugly" or anything, but there are more reasons to hate on this vest than to call it a favourite. There is nothing interesting about it visually, nothing innovative about it structurally, and nothing special about it in terms of materials. I only own one vest, it's RLBL and a helluva lot nicer than this one.

11. whatever123

whatever123 Senior member

Let's turn that question around. What about the vest makes it your "favourite"? It's plain and red. The upper pockets look overly large and the lower pockets have a flat (horizontal) top so there's no comfortable way to put your hands in them. Non-angled pockets on outerwear (blazers & suit jackets excepted) is one of my biggest pet peeves. I also dislike that the back is longer than the front -- a similar phenomenon manifests in short-sleeve polo shirts, and I don't like it there either, although I know people who do. Canada Goose also occupies that uncomfortable place in between branded and plain. If you dislike branding, you have to put up with the giant CG chest logo. And if you like your label on the outside, then you could probably hope for something a little more inspired than the plain old circular patch, especially on a collab item. I'm not going to try and argue that it's "provably objectively ugly" or anything, but there are more reasons to hate on this vest than to call it a favourite. There is nothing interesting about it visually, nothing innovative about it structurally, and nothing special about it in terms of materials. I only own one vest, it's RLBL and a helluva lot nicer than this one.
    because its stylish and functional. im not going to write a paragraph on why other then what ive already mentioned. if you dont like it thats fine ... i do.

12. Green_Pinguin

13. jhoge

jhoge Member

Any idea where I can get a Yorkville or Chilliwack jacket in a small in any color besides black? I've got a 36" chest, I think that's the right size. I figure they're to most bomberesque jackets, and while I'd love the one from Yuki Matsuda, I don't think I have the $$ to drop on it.

14. Gmas

Gmas Senior member

^^^ I know most places in Toronto are sold out of Chilliwacks and Yukons in smaller sizes and won't be receiving more until next year now.

Uncle Otis here carries the Japanese line - you could try contacting them and see if they could locate one for you.

15. brad-t

brad-t Senior member

yeah man, unless you have very broad shoulders consider getting the Japanese XS.

16. fungz0r

fungz0r Senior member

Regarding sizing for the Calgary and Chateau, I tried on a chateau in XS and it was pretty much perfect size for me. I'm 5'7 and 140lb and 36 chest. I didn't get to try on any other sizes cause they were out, but the XS was a really nice fit and almost made me buy it on the spot.

17. Find Finn

Find Finn Senior member

Any idea where I can get a Yorkville or Chilliwack jacket in a small in any color besides black? I've got a 36" chest, I think that's the right size. I figure they're to most bomberesque jackets, and while I'd love the one from Yuki Matsuda, I don't think I have the $$ to drop on it.

You are out a bit late, the Scandinavian importer started selling out of colors and sizes in October, I was out looking for an Alberta vest in mid October and it was sold out in my size.[​IMG]

18. jhoge

jhoge Member

^^^ I know most places in Toronto are sold out of Chilliwacks and Yukons in smaller sizes and won't be receiving more until next year now.

Uncle Otis here carries the Japanese line - you could try contacting them and see if they could locate one for you.

yeah man, unless you have very broad shoulders consider getting the Japanese XS.

You are out a bit late, the Scandinavian importer started selling out of colors and sizes in October, I was out looking for an Alberta vest in mid October and it was sold out in my size.[​IMG]

Damn. I didn't realize how late into the season we are. Well, Bloomingdale's has a black in a small and I need something for an upcoming trip, so I'll give it a shot. If it doesn't work out, that's life and what return policies are for.
    Thanks for the responses, I appreciate it.

19. tedbearz

tedbearz Senior member

How does the sizing on the Chilliwack compare to the expedition ?

20. Find Finn

Find Finn Senior member

How does the sizing on the Chilliwack compare to the expedition ?

it's the same size, I have always found the expedition to be massive though and I look like a mumitroll in it.