• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Canada Goose Banff Parka

unjung

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I was planning to go with a navy Banff, but maybe I should reconsider. Is black best just for versatility?

jxl27

Reaction score
hi,

i am also a big fan canada goose, i wonder if u guys can give me some help in chateau parka's size

i wear size medium banff parka (tight fit), and now i am thinking to order chateau parka online, but i heard the chateau parka is even slimmer than the banff, should i go 1 size up to large?

i am 5'10, 160lb
thanks

wangvicous

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Epaulet
I've got a similar style, and I can attest to the oversizing. I'm 5'10", 195lb and I own a Small. I have enough room to layer a thick sweater under it too.

Great jacket though - the warmest one that I've ever owned.

Is it overkill for Brooklyn?

unjung

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by jxl27
hi,

i am also a big fan canada goose, i wonder if u guys can give me some help in chateau parka's size

i wear size medium banff parka (tight fit), and now i am thinking to order chateau parka online, but i heard the chateau parka is even slimmer than the banff, should i go 1 size up to large?

i am 5'10, 160lb
thanks

I would definitely size up.

eeer1ccc

Reaction score
I'm around 5'11 + 145lbs and own the Chilliwack in XS and a Chateau in S
The Chilliwack in XS is bigger than a Chateau in S, so I'd recommend sizing up on the Banff as well (assuming the Banff fits like a Chilliwack)

Curious_George

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Eli
I guess the better question would be - I could pull off a Military Green (that's the one I prefer right now) for the whole winter while wearing shirts under. I don't want to get sick of it after a few times of wearing it.. whereas the Black would just always be fine, right?
It kind of depends on your wardrobe/aesthetic, but I find military green is more versatile than black for me. I feel that military green looks better with raw denim and looks just as good or if not better with black jeans than a black jacket (unless you like being draped in black all the time). I guess I'm not that interested in black on black on black like some, so military green seems to work better because I'm frequently pairing it with black or dark denim. Plus if you like autumn colors like I do military green looks great with brown/tan/orange (while black and brown is usually pretty meh).

brad-t

Bae Blade
Reaction score
Originally Posted by jxl27
i heard the chateau parka is even slimmer than the banff, should i go 1 size up to large?

i am 5'10, 160lb
thanks

Dude you're almost the same height and weight as me and I'm wearing a Japanese edition size small. CG runs oversized so I can't figure out what your definition of "slim" must be.

jxl27

Reaction score
thanks guys, i think i will go for a medium chateau parka

jeanius

Reaction score
hey guys if im a Large in Chilliwack what size would i need in Banff?? id say large as well since its a slimmer fit?

theEnd

Reaction score
I've got my mind set on a military green Calgary parka. Need some sizing advice.

I'm 5'10, 175lbs. Usually wear a size 38/48 (US/European) jacket. I have a 32" waist and a 39" chest.

I dont plan to add any layers underneath. Just a tshirt or a shirt (but I dont want the shirt to get creased when I'm on my way to work).

I went to four stores in NYC today that are supposed to carry Canada Goose. None had the Calgary, and none had a parka in small for me to try on. I'll just have to order this online and hope for the best.

I know that the Calgary has the black disc and is apparently from the Japanese collection, which has a slimmer fit. Uncontrol has a small and it seems to fit him perfectly. With my larger weight should I risk getting a small or just get a medium?

nonissue

Reaction score
Just got the chateau in medium. I'm 6'2 and 180, and it's super slim, overall a great fit. Does not look like generic puffer coat at all.

unjung

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I don't understand the guys who are sizing down. I am an inch taller, one size fatter, and I wear a L in the Banff. Not sure how the Calgary fits but a parka isn't meant to be skintight. I'd get a medium.

Skugy

Reaction score
Guys, I'm between 6'1 & 6'2 and about 194lbs.
I usually wear Medium t-shirts.
I wanna buy the Banff Parka which is insulated slim, but I'm not planning to wear anything other than a t-shirt underneath. I also want it to be a little tight, not too tight but certainly not loosely fitted. I don't want the sleeves to come short. Can you give me some advice?

Cant kill da Rooster

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I was also interested in the Canada Goose. HR also sells the Napapijri. Anyone had any experience with this jacket for around the same price.

And yes, it's ******* cold here.

MyOtherLife

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Cant kill da Rooster
I was also interested in the Canada Goose. HR also sells the Napapijri. Anyone had any experience with this jacket for around the same price.

And yes, it's ******* cold here.

Napapijri does not compare to Canada Goose. They are two different animals.
Get CG for maximum warmth. Napapijri is more for skiing or activewear with multiple layering underneath, at least the ones I've seen. Maybe they have a model I don't know about?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads