• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Can yu break up a tweed suit?

ezwicky

Reaction score
I hope posting a link to this site will not be considered inappropriate.. if so, please let me know and I'll delete it.

Having said that, I really like this look, and I can see myself wearing it:

One question I have: Could a suit like this be broken up? Wear the jacket with jeans and the trousers with a blazer or a sweater?

I will likely have my local guy make me one like this.

Thanks in advance,

Eric Z
RVA

breakaway01

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
you could break up a tweed suit like this. Be aware though, that trousers usually wear faster than jackets. if you plan to wear the trousers often without the jacket, consider getting two pairs of trousers.

J.Odelius

Reaction score
I dont have a full tweed suit sadly but I frequently wear a tweed jacket with different teousers when the weather allows.

compuccesory

Reaction score
I hope posting a link to this site will not be considered inappropriate.. if so, please let me know and I'll delete it.

Having said that, I really like this look, and I can see myself wearing it:

One question I have: Could a suit like this be broken up? Wear the jacket with jeans and the trousers with a blazer or a sweater?

I will likely have my local guy make me one like this.

Thanks in advance,

Eric Z
RVA
Eric, what size of jacket do you usually wear?

I am asking because I recently acquired a very nice bespoke Saville row tweed jacket, it fits me perfectly in the upper body but was made for a taller man and is a little too long. Hard to say but looking at you other pics you seem like a taller guy than me so I wonder if it might be a good fit for you.

ezwicky

Reaction score
Eric, what size of jacket do you usually wear?

I am asking because I recently acquired a very nice bespoke Saville row tweed jacket, it fits me perfectly in the upper body but was made for a taller man and is a little too long. Hard to say but looking at you other pics you seem like a taller guy than me so I wonder if it might be a good fit for you.
It seems a size 38R fits me best. I'm 5'10 and 160lbs. 32 waist.

Featured Sponsor

What's your favorite type of loafer?

• Tassel loafers

• Penny loafers

• Horsebit loafers

• Kiltie loafers

• I hate loafers

Results are only viewable after voting.