1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Can you salvage a short hem?

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by jclass, Jan 9, 2014.

1. jclass

jclass New Member

I just got some brand new jeans hemmed with the original hem. However, they came out a bit short (see pics). Here are my questions:

1. Being the original hem, could it still be let out for a more narrow hem to gain about an inch of length?

2. Any methods to lengthen jeans? (cotton/elastane mix)

[​IMG]

2. AAJJLLPP

AAJJLLPP Senior member

The length looks fine to me, unless you want stacking. You cant really do anything to gain length, if the hem is anything like the size of all the jeans I have owned/seen there is nothing really to gain there. You could possibly strech them half an inch by hanging them wet by the hem, and attaching weights to the waistband, but that would be a waste of time, and they would shrink back with every wash. You could just turn them into shorts :p

3. jclass

jclass New Member

Thanks for the info, I will try the wet stretch method. I do like a touch of stacking that I think letting out the hem would give me, but...Is it possible to open up the hem if it is original hem?

Last edited: Jan 10, 2014