Can you recommend some nice ID Bracelets?

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by sdsurfer, Aug 5, 2006.

1. sdsurfer

sdsurfer Active Member

I really want to get an ID bracelet like the one below, but before I go to Tiffany's to get one are there any things I should take into consideration? I know nothing about fine jewelry. I would like to get something silver vs. gold. Platinum and white gold are also options but I don’t know if they are too expensive. Basically I guess I would like to know what’s best and then what’s close to that (aka affordable). Should I checkout a particular jeweler? [​IMG]

2. JO3B

JO3B Senior member

to the best of my knowledge white and yellow gold are equally priced.

and thats where my knowledge ends

3. kitonbrioni

kitonbrioni Senior member

It seems that ID bracelets are somewhat outside the "Rules" about men on wearing a wedding ring and watch for jewelry. And given that most women don't like men to wear jewelry and you are going to need at lot of attitude to do a bracelet. If you must, then do a white metal one.

4. lee_44106

lee_44106 Senior member

I've seen similar silver bracelets for sell at many of the jewery kiosks at any run-of-the-mill malls. I think it's a bit much for a man to wear, but would be nice and functional if one uses it as a medical condition bracelet. My opinion of the Tiffany silver jewery is that it is overpriced goods for the material. I purchased a silver necklace with the trademarked Tiffany locking mechanism, for my wife, only to see it being copied rampantly and on sell at the previously mentioned jewery kiosks.

5. sdsurfer

sdsurfer Active Member

I've seen similar silver bracelets for sell at many of the jewery kiosks at any run-of-the-mill malls. I think it's a bit much for a man to wear, but would be nice and functional if one uses it as a medical condition bracelet. My opinion of the Tiffany silver jewery is that it is overpriced goods for the material. I purchased a silver necklace with the trademarked Tiffany locking mechanism, for my wife, only to see it being copied rampantly and on sell at the previously mentioned jewery kiosks.

I agree with you about the market being flooded with Tiffany knock-offs. I suppose that's one reason I wanted to research this instead of just buying it straight up. I'd like something like the picture (which is a Tiffany bracelet) but something nice quality. I looked up some white metal bracelets but they look really cheap. This would be the only jewelry I would be wearing.

Any other suggestions?