• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Can you identify these Sutor Mantellassi brogues?

flvinny521

Reaction score
I just picked these up from eBay, and besides the color being so dark they practically look black, I'm pretty happy with them. I don't have any knowledge of the brand, except that it seems their recent higher end shoes have blue leather soles. Can anybody provide info on this pair?

IMG_20180711_170306.jpg IMG_20180711_170436.jpg IMG_20180711_170351.jpg IMG_20180711_170409.jpg IMG_20180711_170402.jpg

othertravel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
They look nice. But looks used on the soles? Shopwear?

SM makes solid shoes. Nice leathers and benchmade.

flvinny521

Reaction score
They look nice. But looks used on the soles? Shopwear?

SM makes solid shoes. Nice leathers and benchmade.
They do appear to have been worn a few times. There's also an issue with the brogueing where one of the holes seems to have been punched incorrectly. They were listed as "new with box," but the price was so low that I expected some imperfections.

Still, it would have been nice for that to have been detailed on the auction.

Edit: the soles don't look that worn in person; it's definitely exacerbated by the photo.

Taverner.cohen

Reaction score
They do appear to have been worn a few times. There's also an issue with the brogueing where one of the holes seems to have been punched incorrectly. They were listed as "new with box," but the price was so low that I expected some imperfections.

Still, it would have been nice for that to have been detailed on the auction.

Edit: the soles don't look that worn in person; it's definitely exacerbated by the photo.
Do not know the brand but they really look handcrafted shoes, I personally understand they could have little "variations" they look magnificent!not the best outsole though. Very good acquisition

NoNameNecessary

Reaction score
Do not know the brand but they really look handcrafted shoes, I personally understand they could have little "variations" they look magnificent!not the best outsole though. Very good acquisition
Yeah, it’s clear that SM hand punched the brogues and lace holes

flvinny521

Reaction score
This, I assume, was the reason they were used as floor samples and discounted. It looks like two holes were punched too closely and created one larger hole.

MVIMG_20180712_163044.jpg

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

How did Covid-19 impact your personal style?

• My style hasn't changed at all.

• My wardrobe hasn't changed but I am wearing casual clothes more often.

• I invested in new good quality leisure and casual clothes.

• I invested in new sartorial clothes taking advantage of the sales.

• I purged my closet during quarantine and I have nothing left to wear.

Results are only viewable after voting.