• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Can you add fragrance to unscented shaving cream?

ChicagoRon

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I use unscented shaving cream because I don't want to be forced to use a scent from T&H, Trumpers, or AOS....and since I'm shaving after I shower, I don't want my cologne scent to clash with the cream scent.

Is it okay to mix cologne into unscented shaving cream to make it match your preferred scent? If so, do you mix a big batch at once in the shaving cream tub, or mix it in your hand before you lather up the brush?

j

(stands for Jerk)
Admin
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Have you ever tried the scented soaps? I had Trumper's Lime and it never really added any scent to me after it was rinsed off. Personally, I wouldn't go putting cologne into anything I was putting on my face, as it's mostly alcohol.

ChicagoRon

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Before I started using T&H unscented cream, I was using dead sea mud soap from sabon (also unscented) which I liked, but the cream seems easier to travel with than soap, and I am trying to get more consistency to my routine since I'm on the road 4 days a week.

I guess I could go to basenotes and find a proper scent of shaving cream to compliment a given fragrance. You're probably right about it not making much of a difference, though, since I use unscented soap to wash my face after the shave and before applying unscented aftershave.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads