1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Can you actually become a handsome guy or is it mostly genetics?

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by ClarkKent, Jun 9, 2013.

1. Ambulance Chaser

Ambulance Chaser Senior member

Is there a better endorsement of StyleForum?

"Change your clothes, find a wife."

3 people like this.
  2. Piobaire

Piobaire Senior member

LOL. The biggest douchebags in Ed Hardy, denim, and shiny black shoes with a toebox shaped like a snow shovel score way, way, more than the guy you're describing.

Last edited: Jun 13, 2013
    2 people like this.
  3. MyOtherLife

MyOtherLife Senior member

Tell us of your homeworld, Piobaire. :)

4. Bhowie

Bhowie Senior member

Yep

1 person likes this.
  5. redcaimen

redcaimen Senior member

I have found that regular bathing is also effective in this regard.

3 people like this.
  6. Piobaire

Piobaire Senior member

Just because you do not want to believe something does not mean it isn't true.

1 person likes this.
  7. ClarkKent

ClarkKent Well-Known Member

How amazing, guy with superman avatar replies to my post and gives an amazing reply. What do people really mean by well groomed?

Because as I have said, I look amazing with long hair and my hair down but when I get them cut short I look like a freak accident.

8. Piobaire

Piobaire Senior member

If it was an amazing reply you would not need clarification.

9. MyOtherLife

Oh I never said I didn't believe you but I would love to read what makes a man handsome in a womans eyes because even in this day and age, money or looks alone may buy you some lovin' but it won't buy you love. There is more than an ample amount of divorces and breakups to corroborate this.

10. MyOtherLife

It was an amazing reply. Clark just wasn't expecting it. ;)

1 person likes this.
  11. MyOtherLife

Wear your hair in whatever length looks best on you and that you enjoy wearing. At present, my own hair is past my shoulders and I receive more compliments than when it was military short. I have no intention at all of cutting it. :fistbump:

12. Piobaire

Piobaire Senior member

Love is what happens when you get beyond looks. That's the mistake people make.

1 person likes this.
  13. ClarkKent

I mean compared to the crap you have put all over this thread a lot of replies are amazing. As for clarification, hey, he seems like the kind of guy who knows his stuff so I asked.

14. Piobaire

Piobaire Senior member

15. ClarkKent

16. Piobaire

Piobaire Senior member

Me? Sensitive? :crackup:

17. ClarkKent

Getting back to your original post that started it all, yes, women and men are shallow these days. The whole personality stuff is a load of garbage, I learned this first hand. In fact, when it comes to just hook ups (ONS) women are way more selective about looks than men are. When women talk about personality traits, they mean for LTRs aka when they feel their biological clock ticking and feel that it is time to settle down. You got frustrated by a user because you thought she got with a man because of a change of clothes, as men we are shallow too no matter how much we want to deny it. Would you still hit on that pretty looking blonde at the bar if she was overweight and had bad teeth?

Now that we have established that looks matter quite a lot for attraction, why can't we keep this topic on how to make the most of your looks and be the handsome guy (maybe plastic surgery) rather than about forum drama?

18. Piobaire

Piobaire Senior member

I got frustrated? :laugh:

Listen, you're way off base about "the handsome guy" and getting girls. Getting girls is actually all about personality...unless you're Brad Pitt.

19. ClarkKent

I hope you are being sardonic right now.

Handsome guys get girls, rich guys get girls, and guys with high status get girls. Sure, personality matters in the sense that you are normal and not socially awkward but beyond that it doesn't mean a thing. In most cases good looks will overshadow a bad personality. I have seen it with my own eyes.

20. Gibonius

Gibonius Senior member

Wait...you're complaining about women being shallow for hookups? What other criteria would they use :crackup: "Hey your personality is great, let's go have some meaningless sex then never see each other again." Don't focus on scoring 10s and hooking up if you want depth. Plenty of women are getting into LDRs in college, the prevalence of hookup culture is vastly overstated. People just aren't looking in the right places, ain't going to find women looking for a real partner in da club.

Market dynamics son. Women in the hookup scene get hit on 986t875859696 times more often than men. They can afford to be picky.

Yes I know I put a "t" in there. I don't care.

1 person likes this.