• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Can use advice..Dilemma Hong Kong Tailor

rangefinder

Reaction score
I was in Hong Kong a couple of days ago and was convinced to visit a local tailor. We had some time to kill before dinner and figured, "why not?".

I hadn't done my research and before I had time to think it clearly through, I got into the swing of things and ordered a suit, overcoat, pants and 4 shirts. I was measured for the garments.

The tailor wanted to do the fitting but we had to leave and scheduled to do the fitting the next day. WHen I got back to the hotel, I did a search on the company name and there were very few reviews and a couple very detailed and negative.

I emailed the tailor and told him that I wanted more time to decide and please refund my credit card.

He wrote back the next morning and said the fabric had already been cut and he could not refund the money.

We are going back tomorrow for 2 days in Hong Long and I wanted to post here for advice and experience to then decide what we should do.

He charged my card for about $1100.

Thank you for reading!

dragon8

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I guess that if you are unhappy with the results and they will not remake or refund you I believe you can contact your credit card company and say you are not happy with eh results and they may refund you that way.

mhip

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thank you gentlemen. No idea what either of you were talking about, posting 2 years after this thread was made.

In the end, it all worked out, the clothing was delivered to me in the States and it was a good experience.
I'm going to guess that they were talking about a spam post thrown in here that was most likely deleted by mods.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 61 39.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 17.9%

Forum statistics

Threads