1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Can Thom Browne make Brooks Brothers hip?

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by heavyd, Sep 11, 2006.

1. drake

drake Senior member

That morning coat looks bad ass, very The Prisonery. I wonder what the number of that picture was [​IMG]) Edit: hahahha weak! It's 12, oh well 12/2 is still 6 [​IMG])
    I prefer this for my wedding: [​IMG]

2. Soph

Soph Senior member

No he cannot because he is not hip.

He's a short term fashionista designer with things that don't work long term in the real world, and he's an extreme one (FD) at that.

2 cents...

3. Jovan

Jovan Senior member

I don't see anything wrong with the cut of his suits, sweaters, etc. How wouldn't they work in the long run? It's also pretty fucking obvious he won't make a wedding gownsuit or business-ski suit for Brooks Brothers. Just my two cents.

4. whnay.

whnay. Senior member Dubiously Honored

I don't see anything wrong with the cut of his suits, sweaters, etc. How wouldn't they work in the long run? It's also pretty fucking obvious he won't make a wedding gownsuit or business-ski suit for Brooks Brothers. Just my two cents.
    This bears worth re-pasting...

[​IMG]

stop drinking the TB kool-aid, its alright here in reality.

5. LabelKing

LabelKing Senior member

He looks he's about to be executed.

6. odoreater

odoreater Senior member

He looks he's about to be executed.

To me he looks like he just pissed himself and is really embarrassed.

7. Jovan

Jovan Senior member

This bears worth re-pasting... [​IMG] stop drinking the TB kool-aid, its alright here in reality.
    Don't get an attitude with me. Yes, these pieces are pretty bad and most of them unwearable. The more sober suits in person and worn in the correct size are just fine though. Need I refer to Get Smart's? I think that's quite enough evidence. Those repp stripe sweaters also seem pretty fine to me, as well his slim fitting oxford shirts. Simply put, I am not "drinking the TB kool-aid." I'm sorry I actually find something to like in his line. Speaking of which, what exactly is wrong with that picture besides the ankles showing and armbands? (And of course the sour expression he carries throughout the whole shoot.)

8. zjpj83

zjpj83 Senior member

Jovan, I think I've figured it out. Are you Thom Browne?

Kidding, kidding! [​IMG] [​IMG] All in jest.

9. Stu

Stu Senior member

Homophobic = unreasoning fear of or antipathy toward homosexuals and homosexuality.

I fail to see how suggesting that this outfit is more likely to be worn by a homosexual man than a heterosexual man exhibits unreasoning fear of homosexuals. Please enlighten us.

[​IMG]

Mr. Beekeeper, meet Mr. Cricket champion.

10. Jovan

Jovan Senior member

Jovan, I think I've figured it out. Are you Thom Browne? Kidding, kidding! [​IMG] [​IMG] All in jest.
    Fuck, I've been discovered. Better start posting my real pictures. See "What are you wearing now?"

11. chrisc

chrisc Well-Known Member

[​IMG] Inspector Gadget! All he needs is the hat. "Go Go Gadget 'Brella!"

12. acidboy

acidboy Senior member

Mr. Beekeeper, meet Mr. Cricket champion.

[​IMG]

an idea whose time has come: to make cricket tests more interesting, let's let loose some bees!!!