1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Can Thom Browne make Brooks Brothers hip?

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by heavyd, Sep 11, 2006.

1. odoreater

odoreater Senior member

When I get married I want to be wearing this [​IMG]

[​IMG]

I prefer this for my wedding:

[​IMG]

2. odoreater

odoreater Senior member

He's referring to the infamous testicle separation that you see (which is probably just due to boxers) when the suits are worn way too small like Browne and his runway models do.

The male cameltoe?

3. Jovan

Jovan Senior member

Now all we need are some subtly homophobic jokes, as per usual on SF.

Yes, odoreater.

4. teddieriley

teddieriley Senior member

When I get married I want to be wearing this [​IMG]

[​IMG]

I think the ONLY problem with this outfit is that you'd be showing too much cuff.

5. Jovan

Jovan Senior member

LOL. If you were wearing that, you probably wouldn't be getting married in the first place (at least to a woman anyways).
    Oh, my bad, there's one already. There's a reason why you'd wear it on the wedding day and not before it. [​IMG]

6. chorse123

chorse123 Senior member

7. odoreater

odoreater Senior member

That model looks very unhappy.

8. odoreater

odoreater Senior member

Now all we need are some subtly homophobic jokes, as per usual on SF.

[​IMG]

9. teddieriley

Oh, my bad, there's one already.

There's a reason why you'd wear it on the wedding day and not before it. [​IMG]

There's nothing homophobic amount my comment.

10. grimslade

grimslade Senior member

A travesty!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

You'd be unhappy too, wearing that outfit.

11. odoreater

odoreater Senior member

You'd be unhappy too, wearing that outfit.

Reminds me of that scene in A Christmas Story when Ralphie comes downstairs wearing the pink bunny suit that his aunt made for him.

12. Jovan

Jovan Senior member

Please take a joke. [​IMG]

13. gorgekko

gorgekko Senior member

Can Thom Browne make Brooks Brothers hip?

The ghastly designing for the boring.

14. Andrew V.

Andrew V. Senior member

I disagree.

15. zjpj83

zjpj83 Senior member

I disagree.
    Homophobic = unreasoning fear of or antipathy toward homosexuals and homosexuality.

I fail to see how suggesting that this outfit is more likely to be worn by a homosexual man than a heterosexual man exhibits unreasoning fear of homosexuals. Please enlighten us.

[​IMG]

16. GQgeek

GQgeek Senior member

I have a serious question to ask. Does Thom Brown smoke a lot of crack when he's designing clothes? Freebase maybe? I can't imagine anyone thinking that stuff looks good unless they were on so much drugs that they were in danger of overdosing and even then it's a stretch... I don't understand all the fuss about this guy, he's a tool as far as I can tell.

17. teddieriley

Homophobic = unreasoning fear of or antipathy toward homosexuals and homosexuality.

I fail to see how suggesting that this outfit is more likely to be worn by a homosexual man than a heterosexual man exhibits unreasoning fear of homosexuals. Please enlighten us.

[​IMG]

Exactly zjpj83. The last thing I'm afraid of are homosexuals. Especially when they are female, hot, and making out. But that's another thread...

18. edmorel

edmorel Senior member Dubiously Honored

I have a serious question to ask. Does Thom Brown smoke a lot of crack when he's designing clothes? Freebase maybe? I can't imagine anyone thinking that stuff looks good unless they were on so much drugs that they were in danger of overdosing and even then it's a stretch... I don't understand all the fuss about this guy, he's a tool as far as I can tell.

Well, I think his runway stuff is meant to "shock and awe" and get him buzz. If he dressed his models like he dresses (highwaters, tight suits) he would not nearly get the mention that he does. Unless he is mental, he does not really expect men to wear bee keepers hats but he uses that crap to separate him on the runway from the other designers. Can't beleive I am defending TB [​IMG]. I'd like to think that he would tone down his designs for retail but then I saw the Bergdorf TB ad [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

19. GQgeek

GQgeek Senior member

Well, I think his runway stuff is meant to "shock and awe" and get him buzz. If he dressed his models like he dresses (highwaters, tight suits) he would not nearly get the mention that he does. Unless he is mental, he does not really expect men to wear bee keepers hats but he uses that crap to separate him on the runway from the other designers. Can't beleive I am defending TB [​IMG]. I'd like to think that he would tone down his designs for retail but then I saw the Bergdorf TB ad [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

I'm sure some rich guy will purchase one for a halloween party, it is NY after all.

20. whnay.

whnay. Senior member Dubiously Honored

I never thought I'd say this...but I'm actually disturbed by these latest creations. Truly horrendous.