• I'm happy to introduce the Styleforum Happy Hour, our brand new podcast featuring lively discussion about menswear and the fashion industry. In the inaugural edition, a discussion of what's going on in retail today. Please check it out on the Journal. All episodes will be also be available soon on your favorite podcast platform.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Can Thom Browne make Brooks Brothers hip?

heavyd

Reaction score
Finally, BB may be turning the corner!!!

Corporate Cool
Can Thom Browne make Brooks Brothers hip?

September 11, 2006"”Ever-expanding buzz and fashion-world influence, a designer of the year trophy from the CFDA"”so far it's been a pretty good year for Thom Browne. Friday brought even more good news for the cropped-suit guru: Brooks Brothers announced the launch of a new "guest designer" program, which Browne will kick off with a 50-piece collection for Fall 2007. "I think the reason my own collection had started doing well was because people recognized the American sensibility that I brought to it," Browne explains. Since the ink on the deal is barely dry, he's a bit short on details on what to expect. "It's so new that I can't really say," says the designer, who will produce both men's and women's clothes as well as shoes and accessories while also maintaining his eponymous line. "But it's going to have that classic American Brooks Brothers sensibility with a very high-end, hand-tailored approach. And I also want to throw in some of my own touches." Such as? "I know there's going to be some gray," he says, surprising no one. Perhaps an exposed ankle or two as well? "Never say never."

"” Staff

mack11211

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Jovan

Banned for Good
Reaction score
That's really dumb, however, THIS HAS ALREADY BEEN DISCUSSED.

mack11211

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The link to the spring collection is new.

So relax.

No need for all caps.

Jovan

Banned for Good
Reaction score
And... you can post it in the thread that already exists!

teddieriley

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by mack11211
The link to the spring collection is new.

So relax.

No need for all caps.

Seriously. If a second thread on the subject annoys you, move on.

Jovan

Banned for Good
Reaction score
When someone says there's already a recent thread on the same bit of news... that usually indicates to bring the discussion there.

teddieriley

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Sure that's one option. Or, a member can add new info to the thread (despite the fact you prefer he doesn't) and should be able to do it without another member's attitude that "THIS HAS ALREADY BEEN DISCUSSED."

zjpj83

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
That shit is really truly horrendous. His clothes are a joke. I hope to hell he doesn't screw up Brooks Brothers. If BB became a bit more like Ralph Lauren, I would be happy. A bit more like Thom Browne,however, and they will lose my business.

odoreater

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by zjpj83
That shit is really truly horrendous. His clothes are a joke. I hope to hell he doesn't screw up Brooks Brothers. If BB became a bit more like Ralph Lauren, I would be happy. A bit more like Thom Browne,however, and they will lose my business.

Really? Because I think those mosquito net pants would look great on you.

Jovan

Banned for Good
Reaction score
Originally Posted by teddieriley
Sure that's one option. Or, a member can add new info to the thread (despite the fact you prefer he doesn't) and should be able to do it without another member's attitude that "THIS HAS ALREADY BEEN DISCUSSED."
But it essentially has. Everyone in the other thread has already made like five million jokes about his new shit and how he'd bring it to Brooks.

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

How many pairs of shoes do you own?

• 1 - 4

Votes: 32 3.8%
  • 5 - 10

Votes: 144 17.1%
  • 11 - 20

Votes: 281 33.3%
  • 21 - 30

Votes: 132 15.6%
  • 31 - 40