1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Can This be Fixed? (Lighter vs Darker Shoe)

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by furo, Jun 23, 2012.

1. furo

furo Senior member

Not really wanting to do that unless I'd already tried it on a pair I didn't care about much to see how the results turn out

I tried some brown meltonian the other night and that seemed to help darken it toward the other shoe's color. Now, as others have suggested, I'll probably purchase a chestnut polish from AE and work both shoes w/ that one jar of polish to try and even out the best I can.

2. cnyman

cnyman Active Member

Can't you just send it back for replacement.

3. furo

furo Senior member

No. Last pair anywhere in my size

4. Champagnelifestylenomoney

Champagnelifestylenomoney Senior member

Similar thing happened to me (last pair - the one in widow got sun bleached) only solution is to try to make one darker , repeatedly using darker cremes & polishes makes them wearable after several goes & indistinguishable after maybe a year althjough gives them a premature aged look.

5. Gdot

Gdot Senior member

this is good advice. or take them to your local shoe repair and they will strip and dye both pairs for not a lot of moola.

6. furo

furo Senior member

Yeah but even still I'd only trust a guy to do that if I'd taken a lesser-liked pair in for a trial

Last edited: Jul 1, 2012