1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Can They Force me to Sell my Lot??

Discussion in 'Fine Living, Home, Design & Auto' started by furo, Jan 31, 2012.

1. Dakota rube

Dakota rube Senior member

A bit better than yesterday, all day vomiting for

A couple of my best friends are cops.
    Yeah, and they know my proclivities. :embar:

2. bluetree110

bluetree110 Senior member

My impression of police is that they love getting in disputes of almost any nature..

3. furo

furo Senior member

Not in a small town like mine. You can't just transfer to another district like in a big city

4. bringusingoodale

bringusingoodale Senior member

So you are the only one who immediately benefits from this lot, and its entirety it would appear, while technically you own 1/4?

I can see why you do not want to mess anything up.

5. furo

furo Senior member

Yeah, pretty much...

If I was one of the other three I'd be happy to sell it off so I can see their point of view. Just hope they can see mine and realize it's probably not worth going to court over.

6. Ataturk

Ataturk Senior member

Buddy of mine had the empty lot next to his developed back in...2008...ish? They started laying a foundation, then gave up. It's still like that today.

Go talk to a lawyer.

7. Mbogo

Mbogo Senior member

That's a pretty sweet setup, with that empty lot next door.

New next-door neighbors are always a roll of the dice. I would err on the side of being left alone. But it wouldn't hurt to chat with your other neighbors, and let them know that additional space is a big deal to you, and part of what made your original purchase attractive in the first place. That you can understand why they might want to sell, but hope they understand that you aren't just trying to be a dick about it, but that it's important to you.

Oh, and don't ever piss off a neighbor who's a cop. If they want to make your life miserable, they can, and will. Most won't care, but the one who does can make you his new hobby.

David