• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Can the Sabres win the Stanley Cup?

Kevin

Reaction score
I think so. Last night's game proved it to me. Despite the recent rash of injuries, we saw Stafford and Kaleta step up and play at the level needed to make it through the playoffs. Buffalo has proven themselves a gutsy team that can skate circles around most teams in the NHL.

This season has been a blast to watch, from the remarkable 10-0 start to last night's battle royal versus the Ottawa Senators. The question is, can Buffalo keep it up? We're on top of the league right now, and as long as Briere stays productive, it certainly looks that way.

Opinons?

Bonus: Sabres vs. Senators fisticuffs from last night on YouTube

odoreater

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Unfortunately for you, I don't think the Sabres are even going to make it to the final. I think this is another year for the Devils to bring the Cup back to New Jersey. The Devils have been playing great, and consistent, hockey lately and even in games like last night's game with the Rangers that had a playoff type of pace and atmosphere to it, the Devils were able to prevail.

Go
devil.gif

Kevin

Reaction score
As much as it pains me to say it, the Devils have been playing well lately and sneaking up on the Sabres in the standings. I'll suspend final judgement until after March 10, but there's no way they'll win on Buffalo's home ice at this point in the season. Gionta's had a stellar season, but Buffalo is more consistent and has better depth (when healthy, of course).

Buffalo vs. Anaheim for the cup. That's my word.

Let's go Buffalo!

Sharon_NBS

Reaction score
The Buffalo Sabres are going to go all the way and win the Stanley Cup! Why you ask? Well I will tell you why. Well, first of all, they have Lindy Ruff, a.k.a. the Eastern Conference All-Star Coach. The Sabres also have 3 All-Stars, and a Young All-Star. Yes, the Sabres have had their ups, and downs, but what sports team doesn't. OK, the Sabres also have a strong team, and a determined team. All of the Buffalo Sabres work together and work to win the games

Dakota rube

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Sabres and Devils fans need to extend a big thank-you to Dakota rube for three of the young stars on your teams: Stafford, Parise and Zajac were all college hockey mega-stars at Dakota's alma mater, and now will lead their teams to the SC promised land.
smile.gif
(well, one team at a time, of course)

Stazy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
sigh, with the demise of my team, the Edmonton Oilers, I'm now rooting for the Sabres and Pengiuns. Both teams are a blast to watch. ps: The Oilers are going to snag Briere in the off season
smile.gif

sonick

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Canucks: The hottest team in the West since Christmas.

Kevin

Reaction score
Two good trades - Dainius Zubrus to shore up the young lines and score goals, and Biron goes to Philly to free up some maneuvering room under the salary cap. I like it. Zubrus won't stick around, but he's just what we need now with the rash of injuries.

Briere is staying put.

Thank you, Dakota.

eg1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
They CAN win it.

The Leafs CANNOT.
rolleyes.gif

Dakota rube

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Kevin
Thank you, Dakota.
My pleasure. (Although it was very disappointing to watch these three leave college early. 'Tis truly one of the great pleasures of being a college hockey fan to get to see all these future NHL stars play simply for the joy of it.)

Starguitar

Reaction score
Hopefully not, I can't stand the thought of that pervert Daniel Briere with the cup.

jeansandtshirt

Reaction score
Buffalo doesn't deserve to win...because of those horrible Buffalo Slug jerseys.

It would be cool to see Buffalo face Detroit in the finals...with Hasek hopefully staying healthy.

Kevin

Reaction score
The slug is fairly awful. I've always been a proponent of the old-school crossed swords and leaping bison.
_images_sports_buffalo_sabres_old_style_logo.jpg

odoreater

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Well, last nights game was a good glimpse at what the Devils can do head-to-head against the Sabres.

Kevin

Reaction score
A good game by both sides. Giving away a shorthanded goal is inexcusable.

Let the coutdown begin to March 28...

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads