• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Can someone tell me if these oakleys are authentic?

CoreyHM1

Reaction score
I bought these on ebay (my mistake in the first place), but the sellers shipped it with all the original Oakley stuff, though all that can be bought or bootleg as well..

The thing thats got me, is the "O", it doesn't look authentic to me. (and the hinge is white, as you can see)

DSCF3546.jpg

DSCF3550.jpg

I'm just trying to save myself a trip to the Oakley store an hour and a half away.

Thanks!
smile.gif

rioni

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Those look really ******

spitfire86

Reaction score
Those look fake, are the earpieces at least rubber? That model of Oakleys has been counterfeited a lot too, $5 on the streets of DC.

CoreyHM1

Reaction score
Yeah, they're rubber. But the "o" looks way too fake. I don't even think its worth the trip up to the Oakley store. I don't know why i think there is a "possibility". I'd just hate to accuse someone of selling me fake Oakley's without confirmation. ya know?

crpz32

Reaction score
here's my real Oakleys. The rubber part on yours seem like they are plastic.
DSC00634.jpg

DSC00633.jpg

DSC00632.jpg

CoreyHM1

Reaction score
Thanks. is the "O" insert suppose to be metal on all minutes? I think the inset on mine is plastic, aside from it looking lop sided.
eh.gif

If the "O" is metal on the real ones, then these are definitely fake. As if i dont have enough proof already?

acidboy

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
I used to bring in China-made eyewear. They're fakes.

CoreyHM1

Reaction score
Thanks, yeah.. i just sent a message to the ebayer. After i get my money, i'll let ebay know about it. If they don't care enough to listen, he'll have all those people that left feedback on the Oakley's demanding refunds.

one thing i can't stand is watching other people get ripped off and not making them aware of it. Its hard to not let the people that bought from him not be aware of it, they could have been bought for a gift or something.

I always do my research before and after i buy something, but that was a good scam. Really, his camera "sucks" so that you can't get a high def picture of what he's selling.

gorgekko

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by CoreyHM1
After i get my money, i'll let ebay know about it. If they don't care enough to listen, he'll have all those people that left feedback on the Oakley's demanding refunds.

Unfortunately eBay likely won't do a damned thing given they've never acted on a tip -- at least those provided by SF members -- and his customers probably won't complain either because they paid a little and got sunglasses that will fool most people.

That's why all these counterfeit dealers are still in bidness.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads