• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Can someone tell a newbie when the semi-annual EG sales start?

pledge

Reaction score
???
blush.gif

chl

Reaction score
June , I believe. You can call Edward Green 011 44 20 7839 0202 and they will tell you the dates.

pledge

Reaction score
Originally Posted by chl
June , I believe. You can call Edward Green 011 44 20 7839 0202 and they will tell you the dates.

Thank you, sir.

Nativefx

Reaction score
I knew the semi annual sale was in January and June, cause I ended up buying a couple of pairs during the January sale! does anyone know when you can get the list of shoes offered for the sale in June?

i would like to pick up another pair (or two
smile.gif
) during the June sale if the prices are about the same. I remember someone started a thread before hand with the listed sizes and models that were available.

Thanks!

pledge

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Nativefx
I knew the semi annual sale was in January and June, cause I ended up buying a couple of pairs during the January sale! does anyone know when you can get the list of shoes offered for the sale in June?

i would like to pick up another pair (or two
smile.gif
) during the June sale if the prices are about the same. I remember someone started a thread before hand with the listed sizes and models that were available.

Thanks!

Thanks for the reply. Do you know what EG shoes typically go for in USD during those sales?

vitaminc

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Where do these semi-annual EG sales take place? In their own stores or at stockists?

grimslade

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by pledge
Thanks for the reply. Do you know what EG shoes typically go for in USD during those sales?

$600 or so.

Originally Posted by vitaminc
Where do these semi-annual EG sales take place? In their own stores or at stockists?

In their store. Stock lists are available by email when the sale starts.

vitaminc

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by grimslade
In their store. Stock lists are available by email when the sale starts.

Ouch, don't think they have a retail store in San Francisco, do they?

I know Malouf's carry them but its not really an EG store...

grimslade

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by vitaminc
Ouch, don't think they have a retail store in San Francisco, do they?

I know Malouf's carry them but its not really an EG store...

No, they are ordered from the UK, and you pay 30 pounds or so in shipping on top of the sale price. Trees are not included.

Balthazar

Reaction score
So has anyone figured out the exact dates?

Is there any chance that Ectons will show up on the list? I looked at the December lists that people were posting and saw some (black) Dovers but no Ectons.

I guess I have no feel for how the models are selected for the sale but I didn't get the impression that it was discontinued models only. Maybe everyone but me knows that Ectons will never be discounted and that the only chance I have of getting one is paying full retail (or get real lucky and find an RLPL Carter floating around somewhere).

Nativefx

Reaction score
The sale starts on June 26th. I have contacted the store and confirmed this directly from them. Although he did say they would not be releasing the list until the day of the sale.
eh.gif
I thought during the January sale, they we're sending out the lists a few days prior to the beginning of the sale? I'll have to go back and look at the older posts from that sale.

I am actually going to arrive in London on June 26th, so I plan of visiting the store! This should also allow me to try on a few different lasts to see if I have any other options. I took a chance on buying 2 pairs during the last sale on the 202 last and it worked out well. I probably could have gone a half size down and still been fine, but now I can try others on to make sure of ALL my options!!
smile.gif

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 81 36.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 83 37.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 23 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 16.4%

Forum statistics

Threads