• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Can someone please break down the Hugo Boss line for me please?

SirWilliam

Reaction score
For ever reason I cannot seem to figure out the difference in terms of quality between the Hugo Boss lines.

With Armani it is very clear cut.

Giorgio Armani
Armani Prive
Armani Collezioni
Emporio Armani
Armani Jeans
Armani Exchange

Same goes for Versace (although they seem to drop and add lines like none other)

Gianni Versace
Versus (which still exists?)
Versace Jeans Couture
Versace Collection (formerly Versace Classic)
Versace Sport

With Hugo Boss I just do not get it at all. I have button down shirts from the Boss Black line the Orange line and the Hugo Red line...they all cost about the same.

Boss Black is obviously more traditional, Hugo is more sporty and Orange is casual wear but I really do not see any real difference in price or quality.

I know Baldessarini used to be part of Hugo Boss but Baldessarini has three of their own lines.

Thanks in advance for any replies.

antirabbit

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
They all suck, so does it really matter?
For the money, you can get better made, more stylish clothes.

SirWilliam

Reaction score
They make the only affordable shirt that I can buy off the rack that fit me apart from Thomas Pink.

antirabbit

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by SirWilliam
They make the only affordable shirt that I can buy off the rack that fit me apart from Thomas Pink.

You need to look deeper my friend.
Is it the slim factor you seek?
I find much better shirts, for far less than Pink or Boss.

SirWilliam

Reaction score
Originally Posted by antirabbit
You need to look deeper my friend. Is it the slim factor you seek? I find much better shirts, for far less than Pink or Boss.
Well please enlighten me so I can stop wasting my money on rubbish shirts. I need shirts that are slim fitting.

antirabbit

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Any Italian maker from South of Milan....
Borrelli
Finamore
Fray
Gherardi
Borrellio
Breuer

OR

$40.00 for a MTM Janzten as slim as you like with excellent fabrics and MOP buttons.

Jack2000

Reaction score
H&M.

Quality sucks, but the cut is good if your on a budget.

SirWilliam

Reaction score
Originally Posted by antirabbit
Any Italian maker from South of Milan....
Borrelli
Finamore
Fray
Gherardi
Borrellio
Breuer

OR

$40.00 for a MTM Janzten as slim as you like with excellent fabrics and MOP buttons.

I normally get my shirts made to measure but there are times when I need a shirt today and none of your suggestions are useful in this situation. If I cannot try it on then it has to be made to measure for me.

Also where on earth do you get off saying that Borrelli is a viable replacement for Hugo Boss. Their shirts off the rack do not fit me. I have a couple of their shirts that I had made to measure and they take 8 weeks to make and cost 4-5 times more than a Hugo Boss shirt.

SirWilliam

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Jack2000
H&M. Quality sucks, but the cut is good if your on a budget.
I have never tried something on at H&M and thought "Wow this fits really nicely."

FidelCashflow

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Also where on earth do you get off saying that Borrelli is a viable replacement for Hugo Boss. Their shirts off the rack do not fit me. I have a couple of their shirts that I had made to measure and they take 8 weeks to make and cost 4-5 times more than a Hugo Boss shirt.

Uh-oh. Someone just got pwned by a noob who's not a noob.
lol8[1].gif

antirabbit

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I normally get my shirts made to measure but there are times when I need a shirt today and none of your suggestions are useful in this situation. If I cannot try it on then it has to be made to measure for me.

Apparently you are not resourceful and somehow want to justify the complete **** quality of Hugo Boss?
Makes no sense.
How about, you prepare? I always travel with extras, especially shirts and ties
So, preparation is a viable replacement for Hugo Boss...END.

beansprouts1

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
you can try RLBL for shirts.

i always thought it was:
baldessarini
black label
red label
green/orange crap

Though the only real difference I can tell between black and red is the cut. I just based my rankings on the price and what the SA's tell me.
Also I was not aware there were 3 baldessarini lines. I know the old ones made by belvest were quite nice.

antirabbit

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by beansprouts1
you can try RLBL for shirts.

i always thought it was:
baldessarini
black label
red label
green/orange crap

Though the only real difference I can tell between black and red is the cut. I just based my rankings on the price and what the SA's tell me.
Also I was not aware there were 3 baldessarini lines. I know the old ones made by belvest were quite nice.

+1 on RLBL

tiecollector

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I like Hugo Boss clothes just fine for the styling. The quality is meh but not horrible. I'm only familiar with Black > Orange > Red

FidelCashflow

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by tiecollector
I like Hugo Boss clothes just fine for the styling. The quality is meh but not horrible. I'm only familiar with Black > Orange > Red

orange is all t-shirt and jeans, not dress clothes. Red label is younger more fashion forward, like a cheap dior substitute. black is actual dress clothes.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 83 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 85 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 23 10.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 16.1%

Forum statistics

Threads