• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Can Roger do it?

amerikajinda

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Lost the first set 6-1. Not 7-5 or 6-4 or even 6-3, but 6-1! The #1 player in the world could only manage one game in the first set. Nadal is the king on clay.

feynmix

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
rafa didn't even give federer a sniff.

Brad

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm waiting for a Richie Tenenbaum moment from Federer.

royal-tenenbaums4.jpg

amerikajinda

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Didn't think it could get any worse, but then Federer managed to lose the third and decisive set 6-0! Oh my...

Get Smart

Don't Crink
Reaction score
anyone else agree with Borg's prediction that if Rafa can get to the finals of Wimbledon, he'll take it over Roger or anyone else?

Merckx

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Get Smart
anyone else agree with Borg's prediction that if Rafa can get to the finals of Wimbledon, he'll take it over Roger or anyone else?

If Roger and Nadal make it to the finals of Wimbledon I'm going to have to put my money on Federer.

Just a side note, it was great seeing Borg at Roland Garros again. I grew up playing competitive tennis during the 80's and it really brought back some good memories of Borg's dominance during his career.

whacked

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Merckx
If Roger and Nadal make it to the finals of Wimbledon I'm going to have to put my money on Federer.

+1

Basically it was Federer at 60-70% versus Nadal at his best today. On clay no less.

Also, comes Wimbledon you'll have to factor in Djokovic, and any number of hard-serving beasts on the tour.

Ixelles

Reaction score
Total destruction - as I expected, Fed's mistakes were unbelievable. He has totally lost his air of invincibility. Now anyone in the top 50 will fancy their chances. On grass is different, but Nadal has come much closer to winning Wimbledon than Fed will ever get to Roland Garros.

Connemara

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by whacked
+1 Basically it was Federer at 60-70% versus Nadal at his best today. On clay no less. Also, comes Wimbledon you'll have to factor in Djokovic, and any number of hard-serving beasts on the tour.
Djokovic is a monster. I can see him making the finals with relative ease.

Young Scrappy

Reaction score
Disappointing. He needs a coach. He doesn't have a coach I heard.

whoopee

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Young Scrappy
Disappointing. He needs a coach. He doesn't have a coach I heard.

He took on Jose Higueras a couple months ago, in no small part to help him on clay.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 81 36.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 83 37.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 23 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 16.4%

Forum statistics

Threads