1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

can New Balance runners and jeans look good??

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by rusty35, Jun 24, 2012.

1. GoldenTribe

GoldenTribe Senior member

Second photo looks okay but 50% because of the scarf matching it and the other 50% because you can't see the N. The little upturned snub-nose front of the sole, which is typical of running shoes, does not look good and is partly why running shoes typically suck for casual looks.

The first photo, simply put, hurts your case a lot more than it helps it.

Last edited: Jun 28, 2012
    1 person likes this.
  2. FlyingMonkey

FlyingMonkey Senior member

Number 98 on the list of Stuff White People Like... Seriously though, I train in NBs (they have a model that really suits my gait) but I wouldn't really consider wearing them in other circumstances.

3. kalye

kalye Well-Known Member

My most comfortable pair of shoes.

http://counterkicks.com/2012/01/13/the-shoe-you-get-when-you-cross-new-balance-retro-with-minimus/

Beats my vans and jack purcells. I wear them sometimes after the gym with jeans when I pack light.

What I was really interested in buying around my part of the world for jeans were superga but i dunno where to find them. I saw them once but went back to the store and they were gone. Never followed up on where they still carry them. It was a chain store so I'm sure they're somewhere.

4. Royal42

Royal42 Senior member

I can't seem to find a New Balance dedicated thread, so, do 998s run larger than other NB models?

5. sillyboybmxer

sillyboybmxer Senior member

A lot of NB shoes we do not get in the USA so you gotta shop overseas. One of the reasons I think people have a negative view of them and the reason they are an "old person" shoe is because the 991,992,993 is a Dr recommended shoes for people with diabetes.
    A few of my favorites.[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

6. deme24

deme24 Active Member

I know this thread is pretty old but here's a few shots I took of my 998 nb's with jeans when I first got them. I own four pairs of nb's all different models and in general they are very comfortable and I think they are a great casual sneaker. I think that some of the nb's that are considered strictly running shoes can work as well. I recently saw someone at my school rocking a pair of grey 993's and I was surprised he pulled it off but it looked good and beyond that they were probably super comfortable.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

7. [__G__]

[__G__] Member

Is this a serious thread?

People have been looking good pairing the right running shoes with jeans for decades and it's never stopped. I've worn NB 574's for 20 years because I love how they look and how they feel. Yea, I'm probably older then most of you, but critics in here only hate them because their father wore them or they saw someone wear them bad. Meanwhile, they concentrate on wearing the shoe their father wore before realizing that he liked his New Balance shoes better or something similar.

Btw, the people in the photos don't look any different than people who wore running shoes and jeans together 20-30 years ago. When I was in high school, almost everyone wore tight jeans and some sort of running shoe. Some of them looked good and some didn't. The biggest difference between the people in the photos and many of you is that the people in the photos don't look like they care what anyone else thinks.

8. GoldenTribe

GoldenTribe Senior member

Can we just lock this before any more desiccated soccer moms embarrass themselves?

1 person likes this.
  9. Dorje

Dorje Senior member

Going to have to agree here. Seems like in every case they would look better in different shoes.

10. snchz

snchz Active Member

Does anyone knows what model is thisone?

[​IMG]

11. midcut

midcut Active Member

^ J. Crew NB 1400 from a couple years ago:

[​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 24, 2013
  12. Fellow

Fellow Member

The key is to wear them with aplomb, not be a douchebag and not try too hard.