1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

can New Balance runners and jeans look good??

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by rusty35, Jun 24, 2012.

1. TooAwesome

TooAwesome Senior member

[​IMG][​IMG]

i recently started wearing my jeans with these new balances because i wear them to bike to and from the gym. doesnt seem too bad to me and its just for functional wear anyways, not really a jeans and runners person normally.

2. Snoopy

Snoopy Senior member

If you want to wear jeans with new balance there is nothing wrong with that...hippies do it all the time. :D

3. acidboy

acidboy Senior member

^ seriously, I wouldn't ride a bike wearing jeans.

4. TooAwesome

TooAwesome Senior member

Lol gotta fade my jeans and get the everyday wear in. Well aware of crotch blowouts though

5. apple8

apple8 Member

[​IMG]

I just think of Steve Carell now!

Last edited: Jun 26, 2012
    1 person likes this.
  6. VLSI

VLSI Senior member

Mossman. Those shoes are the coolest. You're the coolest. No really :inlove:

Please wear them every day.

7. trum01

trum01 Senior member

I think Steve Jobs pioneered the jeans with New Balance look. While I have the utmost respect for his product design prowess, his fashion choices I am not so sure about.

8. Mossman

Mossman Member

What are you, twelve years old?

I don't wear the shoes in question, but I do own a couple pairs of 574's and often wear them with denim, so do thousands of other people.

Please, stop acting like kids, and stop trying to defend a complete tool.

What he said, was useless and above all else, unnecessarily snide. He asked for the response he got, and he spammed my private messages relentlessly afterwards because he was so very upset about being told so.

Is this where I keep repeating some sort of mocking insult like a child would, to finish my post?

Please, tell me.

9. GoldenTribe

GoldenTribe Senior member

hahaha this illiterate tool.

Nobody "asked for" anything and you sure as hell didn't deliver whatever it was you think they got. :laugh:

No-one is defending anyone, you're just the noob who made a complete idiot of himself misunderstanding everything in sight.

"OMG you don't like my ugly cheap sneakers? Pretentious! You're pretentious!"

waaaaaaah :laugh:

Just shut up, wear your awful looking sneakers in the best of health, and stop posting on styleforum.

OP asked a question and got an answer (from 50 different people).

[​IMG]

/thread

Last edited: Jun 26, 2012
    1 person likes this.
  10. Arethusa

Arethusa Senior member

It's nice to know I can disappear from this place for years and nothing will change.

1 person likes this.
  11. acidboy

acidboy Senior member

not even that... jeans snagging the gears can leave you sprawled on the pavement.

welcome back. and yes, nothing changes.

Last edited: Jun 28, 2012
  12. SamG-

SamG- Active Member

In short...NO!

13. FlyingMonkey

FlyingMonkey Senior member

How stupid would someone have to be for this to happen? I've ridden just about every day for the last 20 years around in cities from Tokyo to Toronto in all kinds of pants and never had a 'crotch blow-out' or snagged my trousers in the gears. You either roll them up while riding, tuck them into your socks or wear cycle clips. The latter may not be stylish, but they do a job...

14. Rincon

Rincon Senior member

I can't say they look great, which is dissapointing.

I've always had these dream of having a sneaker that is possible to go running in but also can look decent with jeans/chinos + a button up.

I travel alot and it would be awesome not to have to pack a pair of running shoes in a carry on for such a specialized purpose.

15. ts18

ts18 Senior member

I think there are too much people,being too close minded in USA.
    Saying " that's suck" or not in certain way will just make yourself living A "small pond".
    That's why The best items from USA are usually go to Japan first.
    I personally like to new balance very much, especially the classic one, made in USA in particular.
    They will be your "everyday" shoes since it just matchs in many ways.
    You could wear in high-end way,like number-nine do(m1300jp), or goes to causal(engineered garments).

Many people in Japan wear NB with blazer or so.
    Just do what you want man,.

2 people like this.
  16. meso

meso Senior member

This isn't "look like everyone else"-forum.

1 person likes this.
  17. tween_spirit

tween_spirit Senior member

This guy has the right idea, but the OP was looking at only really ugly models.

Here are my Made in England 576 being worn with jeans

[​IMG]

and with cords

[​IMG]

I think the 576 is maybe the easiest to wear out of all of them, although people pull of some other later models in really cool ways too

18. oilpit

oilpit Senior member

Vans, Adidas, Nikes > New Balance

The red ones look dope though...

19. ts18

ts18 Senior member

My first pair of new balance is actually a 576 made of tanned leather(uk made). And I had a great time with it for like 2 years before the sole is completely worn out. And i got a new pair of the exact model as will. Great shoes, but I found myself better with grey suede now since I always wear stuff in blue and they just match subtly.

20. slide13

slide13 Senior member

I think in almost every case a different pair of shoes would look better. That doesn't mean they don't have their place though. If you're going to be doing a lot of walking and just really need some comfy shoes then a pair of classic NB are one of the better choices I feel. They don't look great but they tend not to look as awful as some other options. I have one pair, the 1400s from J Crew in grey, and I like them because they are all suede and rather comfy. I don't wear them often but they are good to have in the closet. They usually come out for quick errands on the weekend or something like that but actually wore them to work today because it was hot out and I wanted something I could wear with shorts and short socks (and I work in a place were sneakers are the norm, I'm the odd man out for almost exclusively wearing some sort of boot or moccasin).

oh, and the shoes the OP posted as potentials are absolutely hideous...no, those can never look even remotely good.