• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Can I wear this shirt untucked? (video)

Snew

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
I'm going to a bar in a few nights and I'm not sure if this shirt I got as a gift is acceptable untuck material. I'm going to be wearing those same jeans, sneakers, and rolling up my sleeves as well. If this shirt looks weird untucked I'm going to have to resort to a polo/undershirt instead.

I would appreciate any advice you can give me.

Snew

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
What's wrong with the sneakers? Do white sneakers not go with the outfit or are the sneakers themselves crap? They're new and completely clean and white.

Snew

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Is anyone able to comment on whether that shirt is fine to wear untucked?

Or is my entire ensemble so fucked that you're not even going to bother answering a question that won't help?

JonF

Reaction score
I think it looks fine... it might be a little long... you might want to get it hemmed and cut straight across.

Snew

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
I have less baggy jeans, but they're not as dark and more of a deep blue.

Also, I have a brand new pair of converses (I bought them because they have flat soles and I meant to wear at the gym, but haven't yet) and a pair of Clark's (I couldn't find the exact pair I had online so I took a quick picture).

Which would look best to wear with the shirt / jeans above? I'm thinking the bright white sneakers...

Last edited:

JubeiSpiegel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The real question is what cologne will you be using? :happy:

Texastyle

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
It looks like you are in college so something casual like desert boots could work for you and you should grab a pair of less baggy jeans. You can probably wear that shirt like that but if it was me then I would tuck it in.

Last edited:

Klobber

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I am no great fan of sneakers apart from them giving valuable service when out jogging or weight lifting. Sneakers are fine on kids or teens, but I always notice them on an adult for some reason.

Personally, you decide how you want to go to the bar. If you are going there to get ****-faced, I would probably not care as much how I looked and put on an outfit I do not mind wrecking.

Last edited:

comrade

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Tucked? U- tucked?

God! When I was your age, I wore an eight piece suit, wore a hat, and carried a cane.

Last edited:

Snew

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
It looks like you are in college so something casual like desert boots could work for you and you should grab a pair of less baggy jeans. You can probably wear that shirt like that but if it was me then I would tuck it in.

Law school, actually.

I'll grab my less baggy jeans, but those are the only shoes I have available right now. I'm leaning toward the navy blue converses.

TheTukker

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Forget about the shirt; you should be more concerned about posting such clips on youtube.

Snew

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Forget about the shirt; you should be more concerned about posting such clips on youtube.

It takes about 20 seconds for me to take it and post it and it's easier than taking pictures. My iPhone lets me send it straight from my phone to youtube and, besides being easier, I thought a vid would show the bottom cut of the shirt better than a picture or two.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads