• I'm happy to introduce the Styleforum Happy Hour, our brand new podcast featuring lively discussion about menswear and the fashion industry. In the inaugural edition, a discussion of what's going on in retail today. Please check it out on the Journal. All episodes will be also be available soon on your favorite podcast platform.

• Hi, we have updated our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy in anticipation of the upcoming new Calfornia laws, the CCPA. If you are a resident of California, these rights pertain to you. Thanks - Styleforum Team.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Can I wear this pair?

ChrisHB

Reaction score
21 yrs old. Medium built. I like wearing hats and casual wear. Recently wearing blazers, my question is, can I wear casual outfit with a blazer and a hat? Trucker preferably. Which I wear often... But, With a blazer ok? Thx for your input ! It's important! 8)

sns23

Reaction score
Trucker hats? Do you have a time machine and frequent 2004?

cptjeff

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Trucker hats? Do you have a time machine and frequent 2004?

They looked stupid then too.

OP: No, you cannot wear a sportcoat or blazer and a ballcap of any sort. And no, you should never wear a trucker hat.

And I have nothing against ballcaps. They have their place. But that place is casual only.

Ianiceman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
You are Anthony Hamilton and I claim my five pounds!

jamesny

Reaction score
You're 21 and considered an adult. Stop wearing trucker hats.

DerekS

Guyliner
Reaction score
yes. wear a trucker hat with sportcoat. then post pics here so we (I) can laugh at you and make myself feel better about my hair starting to thin and birthdate in the early 80s.

but seriously, please, for the love of humanity. you look like a douchebag. and everyone who will meet you or see you on the street will think the same thing. do yourself a favor and dispose of anything resembling a trucker hat in your closet...yes, even the one in your drawer next to the half empty spray can of Axe body spray. I dont care if its von dutch or has a smarmy saying. throw that one away too.

ChrisHB

Reaction score
Lol ok I think I might of used the wrong word. By trucker hat, I meant like designer lines with a snap back in the back or the kind where you pull a loop through a metal price like a belt almost. The hat issue and blazer is the only style issue I've ever come across. Thx for help so far!

DerekS

Guyliner
Reaction score

Lol ok I think I might of used the wrong word. By trucker hat, I meant like designer lines with a snap back in the back or the kind where you pull a loop through a metal price like a belt almost. The hat issue and blazer is the only style issue I've ever come across. Thx for help so far!

is it a fedora? if yes, then pair with a sport coat.

is it any other kind of hat? do not pair with sportcoat ashton kutcher.

Ianiceman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Seriously mate, this is Anthony Hamilton's stock look. He's a great singer but he looks like shite. Google him if you're not familiar.

GBR

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
We'll laugh in unison.

reinhardgs

Reaction score
I got something that cross my mind, and that makes me grin

try not to combine a hat with a coat. that rarely match, a fedora *sometimes* will match, though

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

How wide do you like your leg opening on your trousers?

• 7”

Votes: 56 17.6%
  • 7.5”

Votes: 108 34.0%
  • 8”

Votes: 93 29.2%
  • 8.5”

Votes: 35 11.0%
  • 9”

Votes: 13 4.1%
  • 9.5”

Votes: 7 2.2%