• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Can I wear these with a suit?

k4lnamja

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Could I wear these with a suit on a daily basis at the office?

Cheers

Santoni1.jpg

Superfluous

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Nope, only appropriate for beachwear.
tounge.gif

Of course they're good for suits, what else would you wear them for?

k4lnamja

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Tony Romo
Nope, only appropriate for beachwear.
tounge.gif

Of course they're good for suits, what else would you wear them for?

After all of the material I've read on SF I thought you cant wear wing tips with a suit.
smile.gif

Superfluous

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by k4lnamja
After all of the material I've read on SF I thought you cant wear wing tips with a suit.
smile.gif

Really? I've never heard of that, but it seems silly.

Nicola

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Could I wear these with a suit on a daily basis at the office?

If you really mean daily they'll wear out like any other shoe. If you mean routinely it's up to you.

k4lnamja

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Really? I've never heard of that, but it seems silly.

That's what I thought too but since most of you are Sartorial God's those comments have stuck with me from the get go.

Nevermind then.
worship.gif

Cheers and thanks

Superfluous

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
That's what I thought too but since most of you are Sartorial God's those comments have stuck with me from the get go.

Nevermind then.
worship.gif

Cheers and thanks

So I searched it and apparently people think it's too casual for a suit... in today's world, I think that's ridiculous as most people wear sneakers and flip flops everywhere. If you're wearing any kind of lace up, people think it's for a special occasion. Even then, maybe .05% of the population will notice that you're wearing "wingtips with a suit" and think it's inappropriate.

k4lnamja

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by davesmith
they are a really nice pair of shoes, all the girls in the office will want your attention!!
Like the sound of that
laugh.gif
So I searched it and apparently people think it's too casual for a suit... in today's world, I think that's ridiculous as most people wear sneakers and flip flops everywhere. If you're wearing any kind of lace up, people think it's for a special occasion. Even then, maybe .05% of the population will notice that you're wearing "wingtips with a suit" and think it's inappropriate.
That's exactly why I opted to ask you Gents. It's a Santoni FAM that I purchased recently from a fellow SF member. Can't wait to wear them to the office . . . in my suit
smile.gif
Cheers

tombrokaw

Reaction score
If it's a rule you can't wear wingtips with a suit, I think it's a rule most people forgot, so you're fine.

Those shoes would look great with a navy or grey suit.

pvrhye

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The magazines the layman reads tell him he can wear chuck taylors with his suit.

Those could be brogued all the way to bottom of the heel, and they'll look more appropriate than what your coworkers are likely to wear. People who don't wear wingtips with a suit are the same people who say you can't wear tweed in the city.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads