• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, youโ€™ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Can I wear Levis 510 Super Skinny Jeans?

Listi

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
A good thing to do is come in asking a question

Yelling at and insulting everyone kind enough to answer because the answer isn't what you expected

Then doing it anyways

Zrules

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Listi
A good thing to do is come in asking a question Yelling at and insulting everyone kind enough to answer because the answer isn't what you expected Then doing it anyways
Ok lets break it down and review. This is actually my first day here and the reason I am here because I am expecting constructive and mature answers related to fashion/clothing style because this is a forum made exclusively for that, not those from kids on Yahoo Answers or on amateur forums or on Youtube who cannot even type English correctly (believe me, I have seen too many of those). I don't think I am yelling because none of my posts are in caps and I don't think I am insulting anyone who are giving me constructive answers, I was ONLY making things clearer and justifying my position in a non-hostile way before Uncontrol cannot control his anger. (I even wrote "no offense" in one of my posts). Since Uncontrol is a senior member, no doubt that anyone would expect a constructive and a fairly long answer, but instead, he said "if you have to ask, then no you can't". Now how is that suppose to be a good answer? I believe that this is the right place to ask my question yet he turned me down. And don't forget, who was the first one to cuss? And specifically to a new member who was making his first post? To be honest, I did not see that coming. Now how is that helpful? I appreciate everyone giving me an answer even if they are slightly discouraging, but I do not like offensive and lame answers.

ratboycom

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Best Answer: TRY THE ******* THINGS ON AT A STORE!
2nd Best Answer: Skinny jeans only look good on 5% of guys, you have to be a waif with long legs and a very low bf% otherwise you just look like an overpacked sausage.

Zrules

Reaction score
Originally Posted by ratboycom
Best Answer: TRY THE ******* THINGS ON AT A STORE! 2nd Best Answer: Skinny jeans only look good on 5% of guys, you have to be a waif with long legs and a very low bf% otherwise you just look like an overpacked sausage.
Thank you very much! I know I am 5''10 and skinny as ****!

ratboycom

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Ok, so 5'10" and wears a 32 waist is skinny as ****? Call me Kate Moss because I am 6'3" and wear a 30, Could go smaller but my hips are a little big.

Listi

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Zrules
Thank you very much! I know I am 5''10 and skinny as ****!

Didn't read your wall of text.

I'm 5'9", 27 waist, 125lbs. I still needed to size up on 510s.

melonadejello

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm 5'8 or 9 with a 29 waist and I have 5 pairs of 510s in size 28....but 511s in 28 are too small for me.
Donno whatcha'll talkin' 'bout.

Zrules

Reaction score
Originally Posted by ratboycom
Ok, so 5'10" and wears a 32 waist is skinny as ****? Call me Kate Moss because I am 6'3" and wear a 30, Could go smaller but my hips are a little big.

Well one important thing you need to know is that I am a dude, not a girl, so I am not very conscious about my weight.

Listi

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Well one important thing you need to know is that I am a dude, not a girl, so I am not very conscious about my weight.

Then don't wear super skinny jeans man

very very simple solution

alliswell

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
OP-

Here's the question you should have asked:

I wear [insert your size here] 511s and they fit just right, maybe a little tight in the calf. How do 510s compare? Should I size up?

Adding any other details is just muddying the water.

Now you try.

Zrules

Reaction score
Then don't wear super skinny jeans man very very simple solution
Yet Levi's make Super Skinny Jeans for MEN, keyword, MEN.

Zrules

Reaction score
Originally Posted by alliswell
OP-

Here's the question you should have asked:

I wear [insert your size here] 511s and they fit just right, maybe a little tight in the calf. How do 510s compare? Should I size up?

Adding any other details is just muddying the water.

Now you try.

Someone said "What I want to know is how we are going to be able to tell you if you would look good in super skinny jeans and a 32in waist if you never actually gave us your height and weight." Without enough details, they really couldn't tell whether I can fit in those. Therefore, adding details is actually clearing up the muddy water.

Listi

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yet Levi's make Super Skinny Jeans for MEN, keyword, MEN.

thom-browne-skirt.bmp

Then go buy some skirts, this is Thom Browne Skirt Suit, for MEN, keyword, MEN.

Jeez man, just buy the jeans and realize they're too slim and then return them.

Zrules

Reaction score
thom-browne-skirt.bmp
Then go buy some skirts, this is Thom Browne Skirt Suit, for MEN, keyword, MEN. Jeez man, just buy the jeans and realize they're too slim and then return them.

I really liked that Slippery Slope fallacy, what is gonna come next? Thongs for MEN? I am gonna buy it and I bet you the cashier gonna say that I look good in them. BTW, I would probably try them on in the store first before returning them.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 89 37.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 88 37.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 38 16.1%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads