1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Can I Wear Khaki Suit W/ Black Shoes & Tie

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Nobody, Apr 15, 2009.

1. shallysingh

shallysingh Member

You may try khaki suit, white shirt black tie with brown shoe. Really its looks so good.

2. Nexus6

Nexus6 Senior member

You can wear them with a khaki suit, white shirt, white pocket square and black tie. i cant think of any other way that wouldnt look better with brown shoes.
    [​IMG] [​IMG] The shoes are nice. But please.....not with khaki

3. Nobody

Nobody Member

Thanks so much for all of your thoughts, I really appreciate it.

While I've taken to heart the comments about the color of the shoe (black=not so good/ brown=good), I'm not comfortable with a shoe any less "bulky". I think the overall bigger silhouette of a shoe like this always looks great, but I am predisposed to the style.
    I find that narrow profiles do not suit my sartorial theme, so-to-speak.

Ideally, I would like to wear a light khaki suit with white shirt, black tie, and black shoes but understand this may appear dowdy or military inspired. (But I like military inspired).

Thanks again for the great advice!

4. lockjaw

lockjaw Well-Known Member

Try the same shoe in #8. It is a better and more congruent look with khaki than the black shell, and may be had readily online. Or... scroll down the page (at AoC) and buy some longwings (preferably brown), which always look good. Coincidentally, they (AF104) are on the same last(Barrie) .

5. Nobody

Nobody Member

Okay, I'm back for a little more help.
    Can I wear brogues with this suit?
    It seems weird t me but obviously the council of this forum will confirm/ deny my suspicions.

Thanks again!

6. emmanuel

emmanuel Senior member

Can I wear brogues with this suit?

Sure

7. umthatguy1

umthatguy1 New Member

Khaki and black ... Only if the wife made me