Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Can I remove this mark from patent leather shoe?

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by evident, Nov 27, 2011.

1. evident

evident Active Member

Hi everyone, long time lurker, first time posting here.

I'm thinking about purchasing a pair of Allen Edmonds Copley shoes from a seller. She disclosed that the shoes have "2 small round spots on the front part of the shoe which appears to be inside the patent leather". Would these spots be able to be buffed out or removed somehow? I have a picture of the spots below. I'm planning to wear these shoes with a tuxedo at my wedding and am afraid of how the pictures may turn out.

Any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks!
    [​IMG]

2. evident

evident Active Member

3. Trompe le Monde

Trompe le Monde Senior member

do not purchase

these 2 pin sized dots on your shoes will completely ruin your wedding, or atleast your wedding macroscopic group photos

4. evident

evident Active Member

:embar:

I have another 10 months to wait for someone to sell these shoes in my size again. I was being offered $140 shipped for these and thought that the small defect was still kind of annoying for that price.

5. Gdot

Gdot Senior member

I wouldn't pay that much for them. But if they are your only choice in a hurry couldn't you just take a black marker to the two tiny dots? I promise you nobody will notice.

6. Fred G. Unn

Fred G. Unn Senior member

A factory second Allen Edmonds Kendall (in black patent) is only $99 new from the AE Shoebank, at least according to the price list I got last weekend. Save $40 and just call them up and get a pair if you have to have black patent.
    Fred