• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA Heavyweight Tees Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's popular heavyweight tees are now restocked, in three styles, so there is something for every style. They are available in three classic colors: white, black, and the heather grey featured here.. These high quality tees are staples that work in every seasons. Check them out here here

If you have any questions for the designer, please, he is a valued and active member and sponsor of the community, and can be found here

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Can I just say...I LOVE Marshalls

pnin22

Reaction score
Originally Posted by chasingred
Once found John Lobbs wholecuts at Marshalls. Grabbed a $29.99 price tag off a pair of Converse and stuck it on the Lobbs and it worked. True story.

rutger2.jpg

Reaction score
I don't know about suits but the discount stores I go to; Marshalls, Ross, TJ Maxx always have different kinds of Ralph Lauren, Calvin Klein, KC NY. I freakin love those stores XD

btinl

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by icalledinsicktoo
I don't know about suits but the discount stores I go to; Marshalls, Ross, TJ Maxx always have different kinds of Ralph Lauren, Calvin Klein, KC NY. I freakin love those stores XD

eh.gif

csheehan

Reaction score
I hit a Marshalls with my sister in Connecticut when visiting and usually find at least one thing and have often scored fairly well (Haspel and Hart Schaffner Marx jackets). A visit a week ago turned up nothing but junk; it was like Winners. I am regretting not picking up the Lilly Pulitzer cocktail umbrellas though.

runner-guy

Reaction score
I go to Marshall's every so often just to see if I can find a steal in ties. Most of the stuff they carry is crap, but the last time I went I saw two RL Purple Label ties and three Valentino Uomo ties. I was really surprised. I can usually find one or two Brooks Brothers ties, but the designs sometimes aren't the greatest.

FStyles

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by cartisdm
That being said, I don't run around boasting that I bought my stuff from Marshalls (tj-maxx, Ross, etc.). Not that I'm a huge label whore, but there's something to be said about someone who has an eye for sharp styles and doesn't boast how little (or much) he paid for them.

eh.gif

I second the gourmet food items at marshalls. the only "nice" item I've seen at marshalls was a Cucinelli shirt I bought off B&S...came with a marshalls tag. My local stores here in the SF bay area carry a shitload of tommy hilfiger that poor people pass up to buy fake armani.
1159[1].gif

btinl

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by FStyles
eh.gif

I second the gourmet food items at marshalls. the only "nice" item I've seen at marshalls was a Cucinelli shirt I bought off B&S...came with a marshalls tag. My local stores here in the SF bay area carry a shitload of tommy hilfiger that poor people pass up to buy fake armani.
1159[1].gif

lol

ChicagoMediaMan

Reaction score
This thread prompted me to make a trip to Marshalls in downtown Chicago today during lunch. It had probably been over a year since I stopped in there.

Saw lots of PRL stuff. Mostly dress shirts. Nothing great though. I did see 2 RBL items. A beautiful $750 cashmere sweater marked down to $250 and a white military-style shirt in a size small marked at $99, down from $175 (I think). No RLPL though. Didn't see any suits in a 36 (or anything below a 40) so I didn't even look at suits or sport coats. Other than that, just a lot of crap.

I did pick up a pair of Gant boxer briefs in a size XS on clearance for $7.

sjg22

Reaction score
Once found John Lobbs wholecuts at Marshalls. Grabbed a $29.99 price tag off a pair of Converse and stuck it on the Lobbs and it worked. True story.

So that's how all the B&S sellers can sell things at 70% off all the time....
mwink[1].gif

chasingred

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by sjg22
So that's how all the B&S sellers can sell things at 70% off all the time....
mwink[1].gif

People think I was joking about Lobbs at Marshalls, but I'm not. All those guys selling Vass, John Lobbs, Edward Greens, and Carminas are just Marshalls employees cashing in on their employee discounts. How do you think Spoo affords all that stuff? He's just been working at Marshalls for like ten years now.

NORE

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
People think I was joking about Lobbs at Marshalls, but I'm not. All those guys selling Vass, John Lobbs, Edward Greens, and Carminas are just Marshalls employees cashing in on their employee discounts. How do you think Spoo affords all that stuff? He's just been working at Marshalls for like ten years now.

eh.gif

fuji

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Picked up a Alexander Mcqueen runway coat, retailed at $2000 for $180 or so at TJ Maxx. Bought Bamford & Sons cashmere sweaters for $40. I'm guessing the ones in the US are worse, I know the marshalls in NJ is ****.

RSS

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Why ... yes you can. But don't expect me to believe you.

JensenH

Reaction score
Originally Posted by cartisdm
You know, I was just trying to get out there and get involved in this forum community. Never once did I try to pass the ties off as some grand purchase. Why are you such a dick to a new member? I'm here for advice and it seems that this thread has really taken off, so the only wasted space in here is your post which didn't contribute to anything.

I have no desire to get into an argument about anything. Just a friendly post about a recent contribution to my wardrobe that I thought I would share and maybe get some [constructive] feedback

Don't mind the snobs and jerks. The important thing is that you bought some ties that you like at reasonable prices. Wear them well and welcome to the SF.

locn3ss

Reaction score
Originally Posted by ChicagoMediaMan-27
This thread prompted me to make a trip to Marshalls in downtown Chicago today during lunch. It had probably been over a year since I stopped in there.

Saw lots of PRL stuff. Mostly dress shirts. Nothing great though. I did see 2 RBL items. A beautiful $750 cashmere sweater marked down to $250 and a white military-style shirt in a size small marked at $99, down from $175 (I think). No RLPL though. Didn't see any suits in a 36 (or anything below a 40) so I didn't even look at suits or sport coats. Other than that, just a lot of crap.

I did pick up a pair of Gant boxer briefs in a size XS on clearance for $7.

theres a ton of PRL cashmere sweaters here at the 200 range
but no one ever touches them so they've been in clearance for awhile

Featured Sponsor

Do You Consider Sustainability When Purchasing Clothes?

• Always - Sustainability is a top priority in all my clothing purchases.

• Often - I frequently consider sustainability, but it isn't the main factor in my decisions.

• Rarely - I seldom consider sustainability when purchasing clothes.

• Never - Sustainability is not a factor I consider in my clothing choices.

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
VivaSlimCA